Kyler Danielson helps clients grow their businesses in Washington State by obtaining project approvals, maintaining compliance with environmental law and resolving land use disputes. Representing developers, ports, individuals, non-profit organizations and government entities, she handles State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) review, local permitting matters and compliance with federal environmental regulations. Kyler has a knack for identifying issues, getting to the heart of a problem and finding the most efficient solution. Clients describe her as assertive, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
As a lifetime resident of the Pacific Northwest, Kyler is passionate about Washington State, including its community, advancement and growth. She strives to understand each client's vision, maintain a shared strategy and obtain a positive resolution. Before joining Schwabe, Kyler served as an intern with the City of Bellevue and the Land Use Section of the King County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Representing the Port of Vancouver in matters relating to its tenant’s proposed crude oil facility.
- Advised a local municipality on affordable housing solutions.
- Appealed a land use decision to the Shorelines Hearings Board on behalf of a local developer and residents opposed to a project.
- Advised on the adequacy of environmental impact statements drafted under SEPA.
- Defended and advised individual clients in land use orders, permitting disputes and civil litigation.
- Defended and settled patent infringement litigation matters regarding the invention and alleged infringement of building materials and household products.
Memberships & Awards
Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Co-Editor of Defense News and Chair of Publications Committee
Washington State Bar Association Land Use and Environmental Law Section, Member
King County Bar Association, Member
CREW Seattle & Sound, Member
Washington Women Lawyers, Member
Resources & Ideas
- King County Bar Bulletin, September 2016
- King County Bar Association Bulletin, July 2016
- King County Bar Association, 2016
- King County Bar Association, October 2, 2015
- King County Bar Association, August 11, 2015
- Seattle Architecture Foundation, Trained Tour Guide
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Center, University of Oregon, Sustainable Land Use Fellow (2013-2014)
- Oregon Law Review, Editor (2012-2014)
- University of Oregon, Civil Procedure Tutor (2012-2013)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree, Orlando John and Marian H. Hollis Scholarship
- Western Washington UniversityBachelor of Arts in French and Political Science, cum laude
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Hiking, painting and attending conventions, including Emerald City Comicon.