Janna A. Davydova
Janna Davydova advises timber investment management organizations (TIMOs), regional timber companies, and a variety of other private and nonprofit forestland owners and operators regarding acquisitions, dispositions and management of timberlands and mill sites. She has worked on some of the most prominent forestland transactions of the last decade, involving millions of acres of timberlands throughout the United States. Drawing on her background in sustainable development, she has developed a particular focus on cutting-edge legal issues related to forest carbon transactions, conservation easements and sustainable forestry.
An experienced real estate transactional attorney, Janna routinely handles transactions involving the purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial real property and agricultural and farm property. She also handles a variety of mining transactions.
- Advised major TIMOs in buying and selling of timberlands throughout the United States.
- Negotiated numerous road use and maintenance agreements, rights-of-way and easements, logging and hauling contracts, leases, access permits and licenses for various timberland owners in Oregon and Washington.
- Documented loans secured by manufacturing facilities and products for a major forest products manufacturer.
- Negotiated conservation easements for private landowners and land trusts.
- Advised timberland owners on forest carbon transactions and alternative revenue stream transactions (e.g., highest and best use sales, wind, solar and other energy projects).
Resources & Ideas
- April 21, 2015
- September 15, 2011
- Oregon State Bar, Sustainable Future Section, Executive Committee Past Member (2012-2014)
- Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Forest Resources Committee and Mining and Mineral Extraction Committee of the Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Member
- Oregon Forest Industries Council, Member
- Oregon Concrete and Aggregate Producers Association, Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- New Avenues for Youth, Past Member of the Ambassador Board (2008-2011)
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor, with honors (2006); Washington Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Washington School of LawLL.M. in Sustainable International Development (2002); Pacific Rim and Policy Journal, LLM Affiliate Member
- Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and LawLL.B. (2000)
- Portland State UniversityInternational Business Certificate, with distinction (2000)
Oregon State and Federal Courts
Courts of the Russian Federation
Outside The Office
- Climbing mountains or dreaming of climbing mountains.