Anne M. Talcott
Anne defends her clients’ most valuable asset: the reputation of their products and services. She has 20 years of complex litigation experience representing manufacturers of a broad range of products when the stakes are the highest. Anne’s clients include pharmaceutical, medical device and biologic manufacturers and distributors and those facing product liability attacks related to automobiles, heavy duty trucks, industrial equipment, forest products, construction and agricultural equipment, recreational vehicles, consumer products, food, supplements, cosmetics and over-the-counter medications. In addition to product liability claims, Anne also defends these clients in unfair trade practice, false advertising and labeling claims.
Applying the knowledge and experienced gained in defending hundreds of products, Anne advises Schwabe clients on product warnings, labeling, instructions, recalls, compliance, risk assessments and crisis communications. She also assists clients in navigating governmental investigations.
Anne has tried cases across Oregon and Washington. She often serves as regional or Oregon counsel and has been selected to serve on several national trial teams. Anne takes on cases regardless of their size or public profile from filing through verdict, and has repeatedly been hired to take on a case on the eve of trial.
- Served as lead regional counsel coordinating multi-state team that defended global pharmaceutical manufacturer in mass tort litigation involving over 7000 claims nationwide. Collaborated with national team to aggressively defend cases resulting in dismissal of vast majority of claims.
- Obtained summary judgment prior to protracted discovery as lead trial counsel for international specialty biologic manufacturer in case of first impression.
- Won defense verdict as co-lead counsel for heavy-duty truck manufacturer in wrongful death case involving claims of crashworthiness.
- Defended automotive manufacturer’s restraint system as lead trial counsel, obtaining directed verdict after close of plaintiff’s case.
Memberships & Awards
- DRI, Product Liability Committee Chair (2015-present)
- DRI, Drug and Medical Device Committee Steering Committee Member (2007-present); Committee Publications Chair (2009-2015)
- DRI Annual Meeting Chair (2011)
- OADC Board member
- Oregon State Bar Disciplinary Board member
- Oregon State Bar Product Liability Section Chair (2003); Executive Committee member (1998-2004)
- Multnomah Bar Association Judicial Screening Committee Chair (2011-2012); Committee member (2009-2012)
- Multnomah Bar Association Court Liaison Committee Chair (2008-2009); Committee member (2006-2009)
- DRI, Richard H. Krochock Award (for Exemplary mentorship to the DRI Young Lawyers Committee), 2011
- Super Lawyer for Product Liability Defense
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Personal Injury - Products (2016)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"Making Voir Dire More Effective With a Jury Questionnaire" Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, Sunriver, OR (2012)
"Hot Topics in Drug and Medical Device Law," DRI Drug and Medical Device Seminar, Chicago, IL (2011)
- Northwest Children’s Theater, Board Member
- Volunteer: Lincoln High School Dance Team, Lincoln High School Track Team, West Sylvan Middle School Track Team, Multnomah Athletic Club Swim Team
- University of California, San DiegoBachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (1991)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1996)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States Supreme Court
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Running half marathons, coaching distance runners on the West Sylvan Middle School and Lincoln High School track teams, and co-captaining Schwabe’s Hood to Coast team for six years.