Dave A. Hepler
As the firm’s practice group leader for the real estate group, Dave Hepler helps clients purchase, sell, lease and finance real property throughout Oregon and Washington. His diverse experience includes commercial, industrial, retail, and office properties as well as timberlands. In his 15 years of practice, Dave has handled numerous large, complex real estate transactions; he also enjoys assisting start-up and mom-and-pop companies on smaller deals.
Dave is the chair of Schwabe’s Real Estate & Land Use practice group. Before pursuing a legal career, he was a professional musician.
- Represent the Port of Vancouver in the development of the largest petroleum transloading facility in the country.
- Represented a TIMO in the acquisition of a 1.88-million acre timberland portfolio.
- Handle ongoing leasing of substantial retail and office portfolios for several large real estate investment companies.
- Represent Concordia University in the development of a collaborative facility with Portland Public Schools that will establish the country’s first graduate program/elementary school campus.
- Serve as national real estate and operations counsel for four major cinema circuits.
- University of California, San DiegoBachelor of Arts degree, cum laude (1991)
- University of San Diego Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude, Order of the Coif (2001)
Oregon State Courts
California State Courts
Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- When not roasting coffee, growing hops, playing drums, brewing beer or bowling, I enjoy narrowboating in the canals of England.