Jeff S. Patterson
Jeff Patterson assists clients with all aspects of estate planning, charitable planning, business and real estate transactions as well as probate and trust administration. He frequently provides training for CPAs, tax consultants, financial advisors, insurance professionals and real estate agents on a wide range of tax and estate planning topics.
Jeff is a 2002 graduate of Lewis & Clark Law School and also holds Music Performance degrees from the University of Houston and the Eastman School of Music. He played trumpet in the Rochester Philharmonic and several other orchestras and bands before finding a love for the law and helping families plan for their immediate and long-term futures.
Jeff has served on faculty with Liberty University in the Graduate Business department, and he is very active in the Central Oregon community. He serves on several local boards, including the KIDS Center, The Fellowship at Bend, and the Guardian Group Advisory Board. A native of Texas, he has adapted to the Northwest and enjoys skiing, mountain biking, crossfit and coaching his two young sons’ baseball and football teams.
- Foundational estate planning
- Advanced wealth transfers for estate tax and gift tax planning
- Trust administration
- Probate administration
- Business entity formations, succession planning, and transactions
Memberships & Awards
- WealthCounsel, LLC
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning Section
- Central Oregon Estate Planning Council
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 14, 2016
- 360 SW Bond Street, Suite 500, Bend, OR 97702, June 14, 2016
- K.I.D.S. Center board member
- Guardian Group board member
- The Fellowship at Bend, Elder Board member
- Eastman School of Music, University of RochesterMaster of Music (1994)
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark CollegeJuris Doctor (2002)
- University of Alabama School of LawLLM in Taxation (2010)
- University of HoustonBachelor of Music in Music Performance, cum laude (1992)
Oregon State Courts
United States Tax Court
Outside The Office
- Enjoying mountain biking, skiing, Crossfit competitions, and coaching my two sons’ Little League baseball teams.