John D. Guinasso
John Guinasso represents real estate owners, managers and tenants. Drawing on three decades of experience, he provides fast and reliable advice in office, retail and industrial transactions. John concentrates his practice in commercial leasing, where he represents landlords, tenants, asset managers and property managers on a daily basis. He has handled hundreds of leases of space in shopping centers, Class A office towers, medical office buildings, and suburban campus settings, as well as ground leases and build-to-suit leases.
When efficiency counts
Understanding that time is money in the real estate industry, John has created systems that streamline document review and creation for his clients. He participates in direct negotiations with skill and attention to detail, but always in a relaxed manner with a sense of humor.
A recognized authority
John has written and spoken on numerous real estate topics. He is a frequent presenter to industry and legal groups including the Commercial Association of Realtors, the Oregon State Bar, Law Seminars International, CLE International and the Board of Realtors, as well as private organizations.
- Represents several companies that own and lease Portland Central Business District Class A Towers.
- Represents one of the world’s largest banks in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland Central Business District office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and then handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
Memberships & Awards
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2016)
Resources & Ideas
- Six practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
- August 19, 2016
- Lewis & Clark CollegeBachelor of Arts degree (1979)
- Stanford Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif (1983)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- John can regularly be found at the gym or here in his wine cellar.