Lawrence R. Ream
Larry Ream guides his clients through the complex process of Chapter 11 bankruptcies, receiverships, foreclosures and creditor workouts. With 30 years of experience, Larry has handled a diverse array of scenarios for clients in the real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail or maritime industries.
Larry is also a sought-after counselor on health care law, helping clients manage the complex federal and state regulations in the areas of fraud and abuse (Stark and Anti-Kickback), Medicare and Medical Reimbursement and the corporate practice of medicine.
- Served as counsel to the Receiver who was tasked with marshaling and preserving assets, operating the receivership entities, assessing and marketing the businesses for sale, pursuing and defending lawsuits and assessing the validity of claims made against the estate. (SEC vs. Aequitas Management, LLC)
- Counseled the Yellowstone Club during its Montana Chapter 11 case to a successful reorganization, including subordinating the senior secured creditor, allowing unsecured creditors to be paid in full.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the TC Global (Tully’s Coffee) Chapter 11 matter, which resulted in a lucrative auction of the assets of the company for the benefit of creditors.
- Assisted the founder and largest creditor of Conenza, Inc. in acquiring the company, preserving its going concern value and saving company contracts and the employees’ jobs.
Memberships & Awards
- American Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law and Healthcare Law Sections, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Debtor-Creditor Section, Former Chair
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights (2009-2016)
- Washington Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights (2000-2012)
Resources & Ideas
- June 16, 2016
- Thomas T. Glover Mediation Panel, established under the Local Rules for the Western District of Washington Bankruptcy Court, Executive Committee, Former Chair
- Gonzaga University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (1983); Symposium Editor, Law Review (1982-1983)
- Webster UniversityBachelor of Arts degree (1980)
Washington State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington
United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Outside The Office
Ideas Fuel Industries
Supreme Court's Health Care Act Decision Resonates in Oregon
Bankruptcy and IP License Agreements