Nathan Sramek helps his clients navigate litigation stemming from commercial disputes, products liability and personal injuries. Nathan’s clients range from small local businesses to established regional retailers and financial institutions. Currently, Nathan dedicates a significant portion of his practice to defending retailers and property owners against premises liability claims. Nathan recognizes that every dispute is as unique as the parties involved, and he approaches each with the perspective he has gained working on litigation in state and federal trial and appeals courts.
Before joining Schwabe, Nathan served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Rex Armstrong at the Oregon Court of Appeals, where he helped draft judicial opinions in civil, administrative and criminal cases. While in law school, Nathan worked as a Certified Law Clerk at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Oregon, where he regularly appeared in federal court on behalf of the United States and gained trial experience prosecuting misdemeanor offenses. Nathan also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Diarmuid F. O'Scannlain at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and a law clerk at the Trial Division of the Oregon Department of Justice.
- Defended a large regional retailer in high-value personal injury litigation arising out of injuries allegedly sustained on premises.
- Secured dismissal of an equitable claim for contribution of environmental cleanup costs under the terms of a lease agreement.
- Assisted in the successful defense of a technology start-up against fraud and breach-of-contract claims in a four-day jury trial.
- Helped a closely held corporation resolve a novel licensing issue with the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Owen Panner American Inn of Court, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Service to the Public Committee, Member
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2012)
- Portland State UniversityBachelor of Arts degree (2009)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Courts, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Testing my legs along quiet roads.