Noah Jarrett advises and advocates for maritime, railroad and construction companies across Oregon and Washington. With more than a dozen years of experience representing clients in these industries, he has the insight to provide practical advice and the technical skill to try his clients’ best case.
Maritime and transportation champion
Noah is a persuasive and passionate advocate for his maritime and transportation clients. He adeptly convinces judges and juries of their expertise, goodwill and vital role in our nation’s economy and culture. As a result, he has protected his clients from liability and kept their operations on track in hundreds of disputes.
As Schwabe’s Transportation, Ports and Maritime Industry Group Leader, Noah has a deep understanding of the unique challenges his clients face, from outdated regulatory schemes to occasional unjustified public distrust. His appreciation for their focus, intelligence and safety consciousness in the face of these pressures makes him the consummate advisor and representative.
Construction from start to finish
Noah assists owners, design professionals and suppliers with all phases of construction projects, claims and litigation, even those that arise after a project is complete. His start-to-finish experience allows him to understand diverse perspectives and craft strategies that keep projects moving forward.
- Advises maritime operators and insurers regarding all varieties of casualties and contractual issues.
- Successfully tried architect’s lien foreclosure to court.
- Tried yacht construction breach of contract case to jury, prevailing on the client’s claims.
- Advise maritime operators on legal obligations regarding Jones Act and other claims.
- Tried and prevailed on a maritime salvage claim.
Memberships & Awards
- Maritime Commerce Club (Past President)
- Maritime Law Association
- OSB Admiralty Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Classroom Law Project, Board
- Regular Meals on Wheels Volunteer
- Frequently assists clients pro bono through the East County Legal Clinic
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1999)
- Washington State UniversityBachelor of Arts degree (1996)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Chasing my kids and flipping tires.