Shonee D. Langford
Shonee Langford helps his clients navigate Oregon and Washington water laws. Since joining Schwabe in 2004, Shonee has focused on water rights and in-water projects, finding straightforward solutions to complex water supply problems. His clients range from individuals, farms and ranches, to special districts and municipalities.
Shonee is a practical, results-oriented lawyer who recognizes that the best approach is often the simplest. His reservoir of knowledge and experience allows him to quickly identify potential solutions and provide customized, cost-effective advice. He values and draws upon the experience of colleagues, consultants and agency personnel to help accomplish his clients’ goals.
- Advised a global investment company on water rights aspects of transactions involving over 20,000 irrigated acres, including preparation and negotiation of water delivery agreements.
- Represented a ranch client in negotiating a flow restoration agreement with The Freshwater Trust. Our client was paid to reduce irrigation for the benefit of summer steelhead.
- Helped a social media company acquire water rights and related mitigation credits for a data center.
- Formed a water supply district for a group of irrigators and helped the district secure water rights and a long-term water service contract with the Bureau of Reclamation.
- Secured extension of water district permits through 2050, including successful negotiation of a settlement agreement.
- Completed numerous water-related due diligence investigations for a national real estate investment company.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon Water Resources Congress, Member
- Oregon State Bar Environmental and Natural Resources Section, Member
Resources & Ideas
- Capital Press, May 29, 2014
- April 24, 2007
- January 1, 2007
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt's Low-Income Legal Clinic, Volunteer Lawyer
- Community Emergency Response Team, Salem, Oregon, Member
- Chemeketans Outdoor Club, Member
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2004)
- Portland State UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Philosophy, with highest honors (2000)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
Utah State Courts
Outside The Office
- Adventures in the great outdoors, including backpacking, mountaineering, rock climbing, and backcountry skiing.