Steven R. Blair
Steven Blair helps companies protect computer science innovations in the United States and overseas. His technology background and in-house experience with industry leaders enables him to counsel clients effectively in a rapidly changing landscape. Steven’s practice focuses on patent procurement, patent infringement litigation, intellectual property licensing, audits, infringement and freedom to operate opinions, copyright registration and strategic portfolio management.
Before becoming a lawyer, Steven worked at Hewlett-Packard, Hewlett-Packard Labs and Microsoft as a software engineer and product manager. He was involved with a wide array of software products and systems, including distributed database systems, hypertext-based products, help systems, process control information systems, computer-based training software, multi-media development tools, mainframe/PC integration software, cross-development platforms, client/server systems, support products for developers and corporate clients, and Internet-based commercial sites for medium- to large-sized organizations.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association (Washington and California)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- King County Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
Resources & Ideas
- May 7, 2015
- King County Bar Association's Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Volunteer
- Santa Clara UniversityMasters of Business Administration
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor, cum laude
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Science in Computer Science
Washington State Courts
California State Courts
United States District Courts in Washington (Western), California, Colorado, Texas (Eastern), and Wisconsin (Eastern)
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Outside The Office
- Sailing on the Puget Sound.