Wesley E. Parker
Wes Parker helps clients patent inventions and manage intellectual property assets. He works to understand each client’s business goals and competitive environment, and crafts their patent strategies accordingly. Wes has experience with a wide range of technologies, including electronic circuit design, semiconductor processing, wireless communication, medical devices, apparel, power tools and sporting equipment. He excels at helping clients use design patents as a valuable supplement or alternative to utility patents.
Before becoming a lawyer, Wes worked in an electrophysiology lab at Oregon Health and Science University, and as a Patent Clerk for Proteus Biomedical in Redwood City, California, where he helped develop an extensive patent portfolio related to implantable medical devices.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications related to electronic circuit design, semiconductor processing, wireless communication, medical devices, apparel, power tools and sporting equipment, among other technologies.
- Prepares and prosecutes design patents to protect ornamental features of inventions.
- Analyzes competitor patents to give non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Targets patent claims to competitor products and technical standards.
- Directs filing and prosecution of patent applications in foreign countries.
Resources & Ideas
- October 19, 2010
- Portland Chapter of Duke Alumni Association, Board Member
- Duke UniversityBachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (2003)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree, order of the coif (2010)
Oregon State Courts
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Outside The Office
- Hiking, running, golfing, exploring Portland’s abundant restaurant and microbrew scene, rooting for the Blazers and Timbers, and watching movies with my family.