Real Estate and Construction
With an industry-leading Real Estate and Construction team and considerable experience balancing private and public interests, Schwabe is partnered with developers, contractors and owners in building the future of the Pacific Northwest.
From a bare piece of land to the finished project, top developers and contractors rely on Schwabe to accomplish their goals
The Pacific Northwest is in a period of rapid development. Our clients call on us for support at every stage, from identification of raw land through sale or other disposition. Our clients are leaders in the following asset classes and industry subsets, and share Schwabe’s commitment to building a better future for our neighborhoods, cities and the Pacific Northwest as a whole:
- Retail and hospitality
- Health and senior care
- Residential development
Strong experience for a strong economy
The depth and breadth of our industry relationships in the primary real estate markets in the Pacific Northwest open doors, get deals done and help effectively resolve contract disputes. The collective experience of the Schwabe Real Estate and Construction team provides the clarity of focus and purpose to achieve our clients' goals in the most effective manner possible. We understand the tremendous risks our clients undertake in this industry, and the urgency with which each transaction or dispute must be addressed, and we consistently deliver practical, smart and efficient results.
- Represent one of the largest banks in the world in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represent numerous Fortune 500 companies that own and lease Class A office space in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchase of a six-building portfolio in downtown Portland. We then assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and then handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Obtained a six-figure recovery for a specialty marine construction client after dangerous flood conditions disrupted a major Portland bridge construction project necessitating emergency disaster mitigation and marine salvage procedures.
- Assist with the acquisition, development and disposition of multi-family projects ranging in size from 10 to 1,000 units.
- Assist clients with the acquisition and development of, and investment in, projects eligible for low-income housing tax credits.
- Representation of various municipalities and governmental agencies in the acquisition and development of industrial properties.
- Development and leasing work for shopping center developers and retail clients.
- Successfully defended civil engineers before a jury in a landslide liability case on the Oregon coast.
- Effectively navigated a procurement protest for an architectural firm regarding a contract with Portland Public Schools.
- Assisted with lengthy contract negotiations for tenant improvements in a new Pearl District complex on behalf of an architectural firm.
- Succeeded before the trial court and the Oregon Court of Appeals in the defense of a surveying firm in a real estate title defect case.
- Served as lead trial counsel in a successful $375 million fraudulent transfer and equitable subordination action, proving that a global financial institution engaged in predatory lending in the context of the development of the Yellowstone Club.
When you are completely rethinking the construction and development process, you need a firm as innovative as you are.
- Business and Corporate
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Employment, Labor and Benefits
- Environmental Regulation and Litigation
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
- International Business
- Land Use and Entitlement
- Tax Planning
- Securities and Finance
- Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Corporate Restructuring
- Tax Controversy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Plant Development, Facility Siting and Permitting
- Environmental Compliance and Safety
- Professional Liability
- Acquisition and Disposition
- Trusts and Estate Planning
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets
- Wage and Hour
- Employment Litigation
Resources & Ideas
- Ethical Considerations in Valuations & Strategic Considerations in Condemnation: The Relocation ProcessSeattle, WA
- Four Seasons Seattle
- Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown Convention Center
- 1420 Fifth Ave., Ste. 3400, Seattle, WA 98101
- Moving People, Water and Energy Through Your Property: Eminent Domain and Infrastructure ConstructionSeattle, WA
- 1211 SW 5th Avenue, 19th floor
- 2201 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211
- Vancouver Business Journal
- Daily Journal of Commerce Oregon
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- David Bartz, Jr.Shareholder & President
- Stephanie BerntsenShareholder
- Matthew BisturisShareholder
- Carson BowlerShareholder
- Leora Coleman-FireAssociate
- Kyler DanielsonAssociate
- David EbelShareholder
- James EdwardsAssociate
- Michael GaroneShareholder
- Troy GreenfieldIndustry Group Leader
- Dave HeplerShareholder
- Connie Sue MartinShareholder
- Alison MossShareholder
- Virginia NicholsonShareholder
- Dennis OstgardShareholder
- Joel ParkerShareholder
- Lawrence ReamShareholder
- Craig RussilloShareholder
- Charmin ShielyShareholder
- Matthew TuretskyShareholder
- Dean WilliamsParalegal
Ideas Fuel Industries
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
Prevailing Wage: Compliance, Contracts, and Cost Saving Educational Seminar, October 25th
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
Recent Notable Land Use Decisions out of Washington
Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail
OSHA Citations for Workers’ Compensation Retaliation, and More