Business and Corporate
- Business and Corporate
- International Business
- Securities and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Formation and Governance
With one of the Pacific Northwest’s most respected business and corporate teams, we help clients achieve success at every stage of growth.
Industry knowledge and an extensive client base
There is no question that experience matters. At Schwabe, we are more than good lawyers: we are industry professionals. We strive to understand our clients’ businesses inside and out. Our clients are diverse, ranging from startups and emerging enterprises to family-owned and privately held companies and multinational, publicly traded corporations.
Comprehensive and coordinated business counsel
We regularly serve as outside general counsel, advising clients in all areas of business law, including formation and choice of entity, mergers, acquisitions and other transactions, corporate finance and securities, capital markets, governance and corporate responsibility, international business, and privacy and data security. We also understand that many of the challenges and opportunities facing our clients involve multiple, overlapping legal issues. We work closely with attorneys from our other service areas to provide solutions that address a broad range of matters.
- Formation and organization of businesses—including the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and associations; the formation of subsidiaries; and reorganizations
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting business sales and acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and reorganizations
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting business financing transactions—including loans, leases, public and private offerings, stock exchange listing and filings, securities compliance and corporate takeovers
- Accessing capital markets to assist clients in obtaining/seeking to obtain financing
- Advising as to shareholder rights and remedies
- Structuring and negotiating intellectual property transactions—including technology transfers, licenses and joint ventures
- Structuring and documenting executive compensation and employee benefit programs such as stock option plans, profit sharing plans and other incentive programs
- Negotiating various contracts—including loans, security agreements, buy-sell agreements and commercial supply contracts
- Providing business tax advice and individual estate planning and advice
- Assisting with regulatory, administrative, and legislative affairs and compliance issues affecting businesses
- Drafting, negotiating and providing advice on agency and franchising agreements and the development of distribution networks
When you are completely rethinking the construction and development process, you need a firm as innovative as you are.
When SureID went through its corporate rebranding from Eid Passport, Schwabe led the trademark clearance and protection.
One secret to their success is a productive and collaborative relationship with medical staff.
- Senior Housing
- Outdoor and Athletic
- Transportation, Ports and Maritime
- Standards-Setting and Trade Organizations
- Natural Resources
- Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail
- Food and Beverage
- Real Estate and Construction
- Forest Products
- Health Insurance Plans
- Health Information Technology
- Life Sciences, Medical Devices and Pharma
Resources & Ideas
- Hampton Inn, 730 SW Columbia Street, Bend OR 97702
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- Arnold BrownShareholder
- T.J. CraneAssociate
- Jennifer Franks, Ph.D.Associate
- Kelly HaganShareholder
- Michael HerbstShareholder
- Stephanie HolmbergAssociate
- Bruce HowellIndustry Group Leader
- Trevor LivingstonShareholder
- Amanda Loupin-BartlettAssociate
- Bradley MaierShareholder
- Alex PoustShareholder
- Kent RobertsShareholder
- Lisa SchauresShareholder
- Charmin ShielyShareholder
"A very commendable practice, with extremely good attorneys who are easy to work with."
"They have a diverse and strong bench with expertise in different areas. They are very responsive and take care of matters quickly."
— Chambers & Partners USA, client highlights