Environmental Regulation and Litigation
- Environmental Regulation and Litigation
- Water Law
- Public Lands and Endangered Species
- Plant Development, Facility Siting and Permitting
- Environmental Compliance and Safety
- Agency Actions and Rulemaking
Schwabe's environmental team includes some of the most experienced and knowledgeable attorneys in the Pacific Northwest, providing legal guidance on the regulatory matters affecting industry, agriculture and landowners.
As environmental laws and regulations become more complex and demanding, our team's broad range of skills and experience can provide businesses with important legal advice for compliance, permitting and more.
Our clients include a broad array of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to local farms, which we help navigate the web of environmental regulations. We advise clients on issues such as handling and disposal of solid and hazardous wastes, health and safety regulations, permitting (stormwater, process water, air emissions, health and safety), investigation and remediation of contaminated properties, and regulatory enforcement actions with state and federal agencies.
- Successfully obtaining a permit for air emissions for a crude by rail transloading terminal.
- Successfully obtaining permits for air emissions and process water and stormwater discharge for a proposed coal transloading facility.
- Assisting private ranch owners with Endangered Species Act compliance related to listing of the sage grouse.
- Advising public ports on Endangered Species Act compliance and development issues related to the streaked horned lark.
- Appealing a state enforcement action against terminal operators for alleged violation of an air permit.
- Successfully negotiating a significant reduction in penalties in an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) enforcement action.
- Analyzing contamination liability risks associated with historical operations and assist with acquisition of paper mill assets.
- Conducting internal audits of hazardous waste procedures and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance for numerous manufacturing companies and wood products mills.
- Negotiating agreements with federal and state agencies to keep a contaminated site from being listed on the National Priorities List (NPL).
- Assisting multiple mills, foundries, and property owners and operators with remedial investigation and remediation of contaminated property.
When the Port of Vancouver steps up to protect the community, they know that Schwabe will help the Port get it done.
- Transportation, Ports and Maritime
- Forest Products
- Natural Resources
- Outdoor and Athletic
- Real Estate and Construction
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail
- Health Insurance Plans
- Health Information Technology
- Life Sciences, Medical Devices and Pharma
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce Oregon
- Vancouver Business Journal
- Beef magazine