From traditional real estate investment interests to cloud-based companies looking to locate their data centers, businesses come to Schwabe with their real estate legal needs.
Embedded in the real estate industry
Schwabe has grown up with the real estate industry in the Northwest. For more than 100 years, we have assisted clients with signature projects throughout the region, including the building of the country’s largest petroleum transloading facility and the leasing and sale of downtown Seattle’s Exchange Building.
Known as one of the Northwest’s premier real estate firms, we represent clients in all aspects of development, financing, ownership and disposition of commercial, industrial and office properties. Our focus is on what needs to happen—and what does not need to happen—to achieve client goals and complete a transaction effectively.
Our broad understanding of the real estate industry, deep team and pragmatic approach help clients succeed in a diverse range of projects, including:
- Timberland transactions
- Energy projects
- Healthcare facilities
- Sustainability/conservation work
- Industrial developments
- Office projects
- Retail stores
- Multifamily projects
- Condominium developments
- Municipal projects
- Assisted-living facilities
- Affordable-housing developments
- Residential developments
- Resort developments
- Represent the Port of Vancouver in the development of the largest petroleum transloading facility in the country.
- Represented a TIMO in the acquisition of a 1.88-million acre timberland portfolio.
- Advised on the financing of a 22-megawatt geothermal plant in Neal Hot Springs in Eastern Oregon.
- Negotiated a development agreement and rezone to allow phased development of a large master-planned resort community on the Washington coast.
- Serve as national real estate and operations counsel for four major cinema circuits.
- Represent major timber investment management organizations (TIMOs) in large tree farm dispositions and sales of “higher and better use” tracts collectively totaling hundreds of thousands of acres of timberland.
- Represent several companies that own and lease Portland Central Business District Class A Towers.
- Represent an Oregon port in the acquisition, siting, development and financing of a liquefied natural gas terminal and container facility.
- Handled leasing for the Exchange Building in downtown Seattle and represented the owner in the eventual sale of the building.
- Obtained multiple rezones to allow for additional height and density to support the viability of a large, multi-phase mixed-use project in north Seattle.
- Represent multiple Washington ports in connection with the leasing of office and warehouse space and several large-project ground leases.
- Served as counsel for the management, redevelopment and disposition of industrial holdings on the north and south shores of the Columbia River.
- Successfully represented the developer in final master plan, golf course, golf clubhouse, overnight lodging, townhome, residential and commercial subdivision approvals for Tetherow Destination Resort. This included drafting and negotiating infrastructure improvement agreements and bonding with the City of Bend and Deschutes County.
When the Port of Vancouver steps up to protect the community, they know that Schwabe will help the Port get it done.
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- David CutlerParalegal
- James F. DulcichShareholder
- Charmin ShielyShareholder
- Joseph StocktonAssociate
- Cathy WhiteLand Use Planner