Print Formatted Area
Schwabe's multi-disciplinary climate change practice builds on our extensive experience in energy and environmental regulatory compliance, as well as business transactions, real estate, land use, tax and intellectual property.
We advise and represent businesses and trade associations on alternative energy projects; greenhouse gas regulations, including offsets and carbon credit contracting; and Clean Technology.
Specific recent experience includes:
- Siting of wind farms in Oregon and Washington
- Geothermal leasing and development project in Oregon
- Counsel client regarding application of passive-activity rules related to investing in a project involving Oregon Business Energy Tax Credits
- Identify federal, state, and local tax and other government incentives in Pacific Northwest for renewable energy provider
- Advise clients on Greenhouse reduction strategies
- Counsel to a consortium of information technology companies developing standards and processes to improve energy efficient performance of global data centers. (The Green Grid Association)
- Counsel to several leading companies working to reduce their carbon footprint. (Climate Savers Computing Initiative)
- Patent and licensing of energy saving technologies
This experience, coupled with a dedication to staying on top of new developments in all areas of the climate change field, allows Schwabe to advise clients and assist them in understanding, anticipating, and planning for challenges, risks and opportunities related to climate change.
Schwabe and Sustainability -click to learn about Schwabe's efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
Oregon's Electronics Recycling Law
Western Climate Initiative
Washington Department of Ecology
The Climate Reporter
Climate Savers Computing Initiative
The Green Grid Association