Print Formatted Area
Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt's insolvency professionals are recognized for their skills in complex insolvency matters. The firm has significant experience in bankruptcy, reorganizations, receiverships, restructuring, assignments for the benefit creditors, workout and forbearance agreements, commercial foreclosures and lender liability matters. Our attorneys are active in industry organizations, including the American Bankruptcy Institute, Oregon Mortgage Bankers Association, and Turnaround Management Association.
Our legal advisors speak frequently to other professionals and trade groups on corporate insolvency and restructuring, bankruptcy and creditors' rights, and we have attorneys in Northern California, Oregon and Washington.
- Negotiation and preparation of instruments to secure, protect and perfect creditors' interests
- Negotiation and documentation of both routine and complex financial restructuring transactions
- Protection of lessors' and lenders' interests in equipment and commercial real estate
- Enforcement actions on behalf of secured and unsecured creditors
- Protection of claims in bankruptcy proceedings, including priority disputes
- Purchasers of assets in insolvency cases
- Receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Chapter 11 committee representation
- Chapter 11 trustee representation
- Creditor and debtor representation in workout and Chapter 11 cases
- Defense of preference claims
Representative and Creditor Transactions
- In re P&M Spokane Properties, LLC (represent real estate lender/Chapter 11)
- In re S&C Investment (represent commercial real estate lender in single asset real estate Chapter 11)
- McGrath's Fish House (represent secured creditor in restaurant restructuring)
- In re Lumber Products, Inc (unsecured creditor) and preference defendant
- In re HemCon Medical Technologies, Inc (represent commercial landlord in Chapter 11)
- In re Yellowstone Mountain Club, LLC (Chapter 11/private ski resort); Represented debtor in the case and in fraudulent transfer adversary proceeding
- In re Cascade Ag Services, Inc. (Chapter 11/food processing); Represent unsecured creditors committee
- In re Thomas & Patricia Price and In re Hyun & Jin Um (Chapter 11/real estate); Represent unsecured creditors committee in companion cases
- In re David and Joanne Dunne (Chapter 11/real estate); Represent debtors in real estate developer reorganization
- In re Brent and Mary Nicholson (Chapter 11/real estate); Represent debtors in real estate reorganization
- In re QL2 Software, Inc. (Chapter 11/software); Represented unsecured creditors committee
- In re Global Motorsport Group (Chapter 11); Represented reclamation creditor
- In re Columbia Aircraft Mfg. Corp. (Chapter 11/aviation manufacturing); Ministry of Finance of Malaysia (secured creditor and equity owner)
- In re Movie Gallery, Inc. (Chapter 11/retail); Represented commercial landlord
- In re WCI Cable, Inc. (Chapter 11/broadband); Represented KeyBank, a secured creditor
- In re Cadet Mfg. Co. (Chapter 11/manufacturing); Represented Port of Vancouver (complex environmental claims litigation)
- In re Vanalco (Chapter 11/aluminum smelter); Represented Port of Vancouver
- In re Pan Pacific Forest Products, Inc. (Chapter 7/wood products); Represented KeyBank (secured creditor)
- In re Vitech America, Inc. (Chapter 11/PC component wholesaler); Represented unsecured class of noteholders
- Gage Industries, Inc. Debt restructuring and asset sales
- In re TC Global (Tully's Coffee); Represented unsecured creditors committee
- CNH Capital
- Columbia Bank
- Columbia Forest Products
- Edward Hostmann, Inc.
- Evergreen Federal Bank
- GE Capital
- Heritage Bank
- Inverness Group, LLC
- KeyBank National Association
- Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A.
- PacifiCorp Credit, Inc.
- Premier Capital
- Port of Vancouver, USA
- Sterling Savings Bank, N.A.
- SYSCO Portland
- U.S. Bank, N.A.
- Union Bank, N.A.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Willamette Savings & Loan Association