William B. Crow
Download vCard (William B. Crow, Portland)
William B. Crow was admitted to the Bar in 1961 and has practiced continually since. He joined Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt as a shareholder of the firm in 2003. Prior to that time he was a partner at Miller Nash. His practice has included antitrust litigation and counseling, health care and environmental litigation. His trial experience includes commercial litigation, environmental, construction, intellectual property, and medical and drug device litigation. He has also served as national trial counsel for major manufacturers in complex nationwide litigation matters.
Bill has an active mediation and arbitration practice and frequently mediates complex cases of various kinds. He also regularly testifies and counsels on attorney fee applications and issues concerning the right to or reasonableness of attorney fees.
Professional & Community Activities
In 2011, Mr. Crow was the recipient of award for fostering diversity and inclusion in the state of Oregon as well as the Owen M. Panner Professionalism Award.
Mr. Crow's professional involvement includes:
• American College of Trial Lawyers: Member and Past Co-Chair, Access to Justice Committee
• American Bar Association: Litigation Section, ADR Section, Antitrust, Securities
• Oregon State Bar Board of Governors: Member, 1989-92; President, Oregon State Bar, 1991-92
• Oregon State Bar: Member and current State Chair, Disciplinary Board
• Oregon State Bar: Former Member of Joint Bench/Bar Commission on Professionalism, Client Security Fund, Affirmative Action, Judicial Administration
• Oregon Professional Liability Fund: Former Member, Board of Directors
• American Judicature Society: Past Member, Board of Directors
• Willamette University: Past Member, Board of Trustees
• American Bar Foundation: Life Member
• Youth, Rights & Justice: Past Member, Board of Directors
• Campaign for Equal Justice: Former Chair and continues to serve on Advisory Board
• American Arbitration Association: Mediation Construction and Business Panels
Miscellaneous honors: Mr. Crow's peers have selected him as one of The Best Lawyers in America in both Commercial Litigation and Product Liability for more than ten years. He was named one of Oregon's ten best litigators by the National Law Journal. He is also regularly named a Super Lawyer by Oregon Super Lawyer magazine.
Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States Supreme Court
Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor degree, with honors (1961)
New York University, Master of Business Administration degree (1954)
University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science degree (1953)
Mediation Techniques: Is a Joint Session After Mediation a Necessity, February 25, 2013