Karen T. Kervin
Chief Marketing Officer
Download vCard (Karen T. Kervin, Portland)
Karen Kervin serves as Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt's Chief Marketing Officer, with firmwide administrative responsibility for all facets of the firm's client relations, marketing, public relations and business development activities.
She joined the firm in 1985 as a litigation paralegal, assuming supervisory duties of the firm's paralegals and project assistants in 1996 while continuing to practice as a paralegal. In 2000, Karen assumed the role of Director of Legal Recruiting and Paralegal Manager, and in 2006, Director of Client Relations and Marketing. In 2010, she became the firm's first Chief Marketing Officer.
Professional & Community Activities
Karen serves on the Board of Governors for City Club of Portland acting as secretary, and also serves on the Board of Directors as Vice Chair for Camp Fire Columbia.
While Director of Recruiting, Ms. Kervin was active in the Oregon Legal Recruiting Association. She was active in the Portland Chapter of the International Paralegal Management Association, having served as President in 2001.
• "Understanding the Marketing Pyramid and the Stages of Selling," ALA Oregen Chapter General Meeting, Portland, OR, April 26, 2013
• "Create a Compelling Bio to Increase Your Client Base," Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, April 26, 2013
• "The Business Development & Marketing Pyramid and Personal Selling Skills," Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, March 22, 2013
• "Business Development: Plan, Communicate, Target," Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, February 22, 2013
• "Creating Value with PR," June 24, 2011
• "Little Things that Delight (and Dismay) a CMO," The Journal of Legal Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 10, October 2010
Karen participated on the DuPont task force that drafted the DuPont Paralegal Utilization Manual, first published in 2002.
University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts degree (1986)
Portland State University, Graduate Certificate in Professional Communication (2010)