With over 20 years of experience, Christina York leads Schwabe’s Human Resources department and is responsible for legal support services. She is an indispensable leader who provides coaching and advice on a broad range of people-related issues and challenges.
Christina supervises human resources policies and programs, including overseeing staffing, payroll, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits. Her collaborative style enhances career development and retention within the firm and fosters Schwabe’s inclusive culture.
A strategic thinker, Christina offers crucial insight when working on key decisions and talent management initiatives. Her ability to establish credibility and build consensus within a diverse environment helps foster employee success, and her years of experience and exceptional interpersonal skills ensure that all Schwabe employees receive the support to truly excel and provide excellent service to our clients.
Memberships & Awards
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member (1999–present)
- Portland Human Resource Management Association (PHRMA), Member (1999–present)
- Oregon Association of Legal Administrators, Member (2019–present)
- Puget Sound Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (PSALA), Member (2020–present)
- Oregon SHRM, Board Member (2014–2015)
- Portland Human Resource Management Association, Board Member (2007–2013); Board President (2012)
- Northwest Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action Association, Board Member (2004–2006)
- Marylhurst UniversityMaster of Business Administration, Organizational Development
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Science degree, Management, minor in Speech Communications
- Human Resources Certification InstituteSenior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Outside The Office
- Hiking with the family.