Jodie Tedder has over 30 years of law firm experience. Before transitioning into training and professional development, Jodie worked as a litigation paralegal, giving her an intimate understanding of the resources and training needed within the legal industry. She helps associates reach their full potential and develop into outstanding attorneys as a key part of Schwabe’s culture of excellence.
Under Jodie’s leadership, Schwabe was the first firm internationally certified under the Legal Technology Core Competencies Certification Coalition (LTC4) program. She has developed career paths, a curriculum for staff and attorneys to learn skills; improved the integration process for new hires; and implemented Schwabe University, an on-demand training system for Schwabe attorneys and staff.
Jodie works with managers and firm leaders to create strategies to develop the firm’s talent and partners with the CEO on strategic initiatives. She also oversees the firm’s associates programs and annual associate retreat.
Memberships & Awards
- Professional Development Consortium (PDC), Member (2015-present), Thinkubator Project Member (2020)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), Member (2010-present)
- Northwest Legal Training Professionals (NWLTP), Member (2012-present)
- Legal Technology Core Competencies Certification Coalition (LTC4), Member (2014-present), Governance Pod Member (2012-2016)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Tips for Implementing a Core Competency Program
ITLA Spotlight Session Panelist
2015 International Conference
Start on the Path to LTC4 Legal Professional Certification
The 3 Bs of Legal Technology
- p:ear, Volunteer (2017-present)
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Volunteer (2017-present)
Outside The Office
- p:earblossoms 2017 Fundraiser for p:ear