K.C. Safley assists clients throughout Oregon with their transactional real estate needs. He represents clients with a wide array of focuses, including retail, industrial, office and shovel-ready dirt.
K.C. has steered numerous complex real estate deals to closing. He brings a practiced eye to advising buyers and sellers on strategic real estate acquisitions and dispositions; reviewing, analyzing and negotiating agreements for purchases, sales, leasing and finance, and performing due diligence on underlying title documents.
K.C. also assists clients with their land use objectives. Working directly with cities and counties, he has helped clients obtain land use approvals for projects ranging in size from single-family residential homes to larger commercial developments.
- Performed due diligence for a purchaser of over 100,000 acres of timberlands in Oregon and Washington.
- Assisted a large municipal client in the investigation and development of alternative low-income housing solutions.
- Represented a seller in the disposition of a Portland waterfront industrial site with complex environmental issues.
- Successfully defended a landowner against alleged zoning violations on its commercial property.
- Assisted in the disposition of a large shopping center.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Estate, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, “Law Firm of the Year” in Timber Law, Team Member (2015 and 2018)
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, National Tier 1 Firm in Timber Law, Team Member (2015-2018)
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce, September 15, 2017
- Jesuit National Alumni, Board Member
- Quechua Benefit Charity, Volunteer
- Mazamas, Member
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2014)
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree (2009)
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Exploring the Northwest’s golf courses, rivers and mountains — and then warming up in one of Oregon’s craft breweries.