Kyler Danielson supports her clients’ businesses in Washington State by obtaining project approvals, maintaining compliance with environmental law and resolving land use disputes. She has experience working with developers, ports, individuals, non-profit organizations and governmental entities on matters relating to the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), local permitting, and compliance with federal environmental regulations. Clients describe her as assertive, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
As a lifetime resident of the Pacific Northwest, Kyler is passionate about Washington State, including its community, advancement and growth. She strives to understand each client's vision, maintain a shared strategy, and obtain a positive resolution.
- Representing public ports and private sector clients in project permitting and maintaining compliance with local environmental law.
- Negotiating with local governments on behalf of clients in land use and regulatory disputes.
- Appealing land use and environmental decisions to administrative hearings boards, such as the Pollution Control Hearing Board or the Shorelines Hearings Board.
- Defending and advising clients in civil litigation matters.
- Advising clients on the adequacy of environmental impact statements drafted under SEPA.
- Advised a local municipality on affordable housing solutions.
- Defended and settled patent infringement litigation matters regarding the invention and alleged infringement of building materials and household products.
Memberships & Awards
Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Editor-in-Chief of Defense News and Chair of Publications Committee
CREW Seattle & Sound, Co-Chair of Membership Committee
Washington State Bar Association Land Use and Environmental Law Section, Member
King County Bar Association, Member
Washington Women Lawyers, Member
Resources & Ideas
- October 24, 2017
- October 6, 2017
- Bisnow's Workplace of the Future survey resultsSeptember 14, 2017
- Vancouver Business Journal, June 2, 2017
- King County Bar Bulletin, April 2017
- King County Bar Bulletin, March 2017
- October 14, 2016
- King County Bar Bulletin, September 2016
- King County Bar Bulletin, July 2016
- King County Bar Bulletin, March 2016
- King County Bar Bulletin, October 2015
- King County Bar Bulletin, August 2015
- Seattle Architecture Foundation, Trained Tour Guide
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Center, University of Oregon, Sustainable Land Use Fellow (2013-2014)
- Oregon Law Review, Editor (2012-2014)
- University of Oregon, Civil Procedure Tutor (2012-2013)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree, Orlando John and Marian H. Hollis Scholarship
- Western Washington UniversityBachelor of Arts in French and Political Science, cum laude
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Hiking, painting and attending conventions, including Emerald City Comicon.