Ruby H. Alexander
Ruby Alexander collaborates closely with clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, to provide guidance and expertise in matters of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities regulations. She enjoys getting to know clients and their businesses and serving as a reliable and trusted resource for guidance on a variety of legal matters.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Ruby worked for seven years at Cray Inc., most recently as Associate General Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary. Previously, Ruby also worked at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York, and another large firm in Seattle.
Ruby’s experience working in-house with one of the leading tech companies in supercomputing and her experience in private practice gives her unique skills and perspective to better understand and serve clients.
- Advised Fortune 50 technology company on corporate governance matters.
- Advised pharmaceutical company on corporate governance matters and securities regulatory matters.
- Advised media company on corporate governance matters and securities regulatory matters.
- Represented emerging technology company in equity financings.
- Represented Fortune 50 healthcare company in domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Represented health insurance company in its merger with a Fortune 100 company.
- Represented privately-held manufacturing company in the sale of its assets to a Fortune 500 company.
- Advised multinational automotive corporation on strategic business combinations.
Resources & Ideas
- Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle Board of Directors (2018 – present)
- Villa Academy, Volunteer (2016 – present)
- Epiphany School, Volunteer (2015 – present)
- University Child Development School (UCDS), Volunteer (2010 – 2015)
- Issaquah Highlands Community Association – Architectural Review Committee, Member (2011 – 2012)
Issaquah Highlands Community Association Board of Directors (2010 – 2011)
- University of Minnesota Law SchoolJuris Doctor
- Carleton CollegeBachelor of Arts
New York State Bar
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Washington State Bar
Outside The Office
Ideas Fuel Industries
Check out our exclusive video interview with Brendan Rauw, Vice President of OHSU Technology Transfer and Business Development
Technology Companies: Oregon's Unique Legal Landscape