We partner with leading industry clients in all aspects of office building ownership, leasing, operations and use.
Top-level service for the top office buildings in the region
Known as one of the Northwest’s premier real estate firms, Schwabe is described in Chambers USA 2016 as “knowledgeable,” “focused and professional,” and “skilled in developments and leasings and financings in the industrial, office, and residential spaces.” We represent clients in developing, acquiring, owning, financing, leasing and disposing of office properties of all types. We focus on what needs to happen—and avoid getting bogged down in what does not need to happen—in order to achieve client goals and complete a transaction effectively.
In the purchase, sale and leasing of real estate, timing is everything. Like our clients, we work with urgency and commitment to timelines. From due diligence to contract negotiation to closing, we move your transaction forward through every stage of the process, on schedule and on point.
Strong relationships create strong real-estate agreements
We provide effective counsel in all aspects of office-building development and use, including:
Transactions. Schwabe’s experienced lawyers understand the business concerns at play in the complicated world of office sales, purchases and financings. Clear communication and exceptional client service are mandatory in effectively managing these projects. Our lawyers are regularly recognized for their fast, efficient service and strong attention to detail.
Leases. Schwabe lawyers have handled thousands of office leases in diverse settings, including Class-A office towers, medical office buildings and suburban business parks. We understand the unique requirements and nuances that affect lease negotiations in these various spaces, and use that experience to seek the best terms possible for our clients.
Management. We provide ongoing counsel to asset managers and property managers, advising on all aspects of day-to-day compliance and operational matters and representing ownership in connection with lease enforcement.
- Represent numerous Fortune 500 companies that own and lease Class-A office space across the Pacific Northwest.
- Handled leasing for the Exchange Building in downtown Seattle and represented the owner in the eventual sale of the property.
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland central business district office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a 122,000 square foot medical office building in Springfield, Oregon.
- Assisted with the financing and construction of new and rehabilitated office buildings throughout the region.
- Handled leasing of office space in Pacific Northwest business parks for a publicly traded company with a national property management and leasing portfolio of 160 million square feet.
- Represent a large state pension fund in connection with leasing a medical office building in Seattle.
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce Oregon