Business Summit Mini-MBA
Host: Association of Corporate Counsel, Washington Chapter
Join us for this inaugural event on September 6, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 4:45PM at the Bellevue Club.
Brenna Legaard will be presenting on IP Protection:
- Traditional IP rights – the basics for any business: Trademark (including domain names), Copyright, Patents (design and utility), and trade secrets.
- We’ll illustrate how different forms of IP protect different aspects of a technology, first by using the Columbia Sportswear OMNI-HEAT Reflective technology and its associated IP portfolio as an illustration, and then generalizing those concepts to the tech/digital space with a digital technology and its portfolio as an example.
Business Summit Agenda:
8:00 AM – 8:45 AM
- Check in, Networking and Breakfast
8:45 AM – 10:40 AM
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, Budgeting & Forecasting for In-house Counsel - Nancy Pasternack, CPA, DVE, CIA, University of Washington
10:45 AM – 11:40 AM
- New Developments & Trends in State Tax - Stoel Rives
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM
- Anatomy of an International Transaction - Baker McKenzie
1:10 PM – 2:00 PM
- IP Protection 101, Patent, Copyright Trademark & Trade Secret - Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
2:10 PM – 3:00 PM
- Mergers & Acquisitions: What happens to all the information? - Hewlett Packard Enterprise
3:10 PM – 4:00 PM
- Understanding Insurance: Risk Management in a High-Risk Environment - Barnes Thornburg
4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Networking & Raffle
To register for the event, click here.