Schwabe News Archive
- Chambers USA Honors Schwabe in 2022 RankingsNine practice areas and 24 lawyers chosen for distinctionJune 2, 2022
In the 2022 Chambers and Partners USA Rankings, Schwabe is honored with nine practice area rankings, and 24 lawyers were chosen for distinction.
- Nine Water Rights Tools for Oregon Farms and Ranches Facing DroughtCapital PressMarch 31, 2022
- Schwabe Welcomes Trio of New Lawyers, Enriching Our Natural Resources Industry GroupMarch 30, 2022
Schwabe is excited to announce our new talent to serve the Natural Resources industry. With Tim Nicholson, Ben Fetherston, and Mike Mahoney, we have added to our transactional, business, and litigation services.
- Shareholder Matthew Bisturis Appointed to Full Seat on ICC BoardPortland Business JournalDecember 27, 2021
Schwabe Shareholder Matthew Bisturis was recently appointed ICC Board of Directors.
- Oregon's Most Admired Companies of 2021Portland Business JournalDecember 14, 2021
- Schwabe Key Industry Groups Honored with Best Law Firms ListBest Lawyers and U.S. News & World ReportNovember 10, 2021
Timber Law group named Law Firm of the Year; Schwabe awarded 50 total rankings
- Anne Talcott Elected Second Vice President of National Defense Attorney OrganizationNational Defense Attorney OrganizationNovember 2, 2021
- Schwabe Provides Counsel on Development of Amazon’s New 520,000 sq.ft. Warehouse on WA Tribal LandsTacoma News TribuneOctober 27, 2021
- Schwabe is Proud to Join Midsize Mansfield Rule Cohort for 2021-2023Diversity LabSeptember 14, 2021
Diversity Lab announces that more than 70 law firms will participate in the second iteration of the Midsize Mansfield Rule, launching on September 15, 2021.
- Schwabe’s Allison Krashan Elected President of Washington Defense Trial LawyersWashington Defense Trial LawyersAugust 26, 2021
Schwabe Shareholder Allison Krashan elected to lead Washington Defense Trial Lawyers as President.
- Large downtown Portland employers rethink return-to-office plans as COVID-19 cases surgeThe OregonianAugust 19, 2021
Schwabe CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger was interviewed as part of The Oregonian's report on large downtown employers in Portland who are being forced to rethink their return-to-office plans as COVID-19 cases surge.
- Schwabe Promotes Three Staff to Senior ParalegalJuly 29, 2021
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt P.C. is proud to share that Melissa Canich, Brandi Henley, and Cory Sabin have been promoted to the role of Senior Paralegal.
- 2021 Chambers High Net Worth Guide Spotlights Schwabe and AttorneysChambers and PartnersJuly 23, 2021
- Largest Law Firms Practicing Health Care Law in the Portland Metro AreaPortland Business JournalJuly 16, 2021
Schwabe is one of the largest laws firms practicing health care law in the Portland Metro Area.
- SBA to Drop Its Review of PPP Loans of $2 Million and AboveInc. MagazineJuly 12, 2021
Schwabe's Carmen Calzacorta offers insight into recent Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness requirement changes for Inc. Magazine.
- Washington Supreme Court Sides with Local Small Business; Affirms Improper Termination of Conway Construction Co.July 8, 2021
Joe Straus weighs in on the Washington Superme Court's Decision to affirm improper termination of Conway Construction Co.
- Sara Sayles Enhances Schwabe’s Real Estate and Construction Industry Group FocusJuly 7, 2021
Schwabe is thrilled to introduce key new team member attorney Sara Sayles, who adds depth to our group's industry-focused practice.
- Schwabe Client Ali Seals Pushes for Greater RepresentationProfile MagazineJune 21, 2021
Bringing compassion, empathy, and support to his in-house team at Weyerhaeuser.
- Schwabe Welcomes Six 2021 Summer AssociatesJune 14, 2021
Schwabe is excited to welcome Neal O. Alnajran, William Brittany Heberling, Reese Hoggans, Sam Moghadam, Sydney Padgett, and Megan Lukmak’ Warren to our 2021 Summer Associate program.
- Pride in the Workplace 2021: Rosa Ostrom of Schwabe, Williamson & WyattPortland Business JournalJune 3, 2021
Schwabe's Rosa Ostrom is featured as part of the Portland Business Journal's "Pride in the Workplace" series for Pride Month 2021.
- Chambers USA Honors Schwabe in 2021 RankingsNine practice areas and 23 attorneys chosen for distinctionMay 20, 2021
Schwabe is honored with nine practice area rankings, including a new ranking for Construction Washington, and 23 attorneys were chosen for distinction.
- Schwabe Client JTM Construction Will Build Avenue BellevueMay 6, 2021
Schwabe is thrilled to announce that our client, Seattle-based JTM Construction, has finalized its contract to serve as general contractor for the Avenue Bellevue project.
- 9th Circuit Won't Revive RICO Claims Over Nooksack EnrollmentLaw360May 5, 2021
- Utilities Say Montana Can't Dictate Power Plant Arbitration VenueLaw360May 5, 2021
Featuring Schwabe Shareholder Connie Sue Martin.
- Legalize Sustainability: Schwabe Celebrates Earth Day 2021April 19, 2021
Schwabe and our Sustainability Team celebrate Earth Day 2021.
- Jeff Keohane Joins Schwabe’s Natural Resources Industry GroupMarch 29, 2021
Environmental and Native American Law Attorney, Jeff Keohane, strengthens firm’s growing Native American and Alaska Native law practice.
- Schwabe Trial Lawyers v. Pandemic: Our Story of ResiliencyTop Schwabe attorneys share wisdom for International Women’s DayMarch 8, 2021
Schwabe attorneys Jennifer Campbell, Amanda Gamblin, Stephanie Holmberg, Aukjen Ingraham, and Anne Talcott discuss early career learnings and lawyering during a pandemic for our International Women's Day feature.
- Schwabe Promotes Three Attorneys to Shareholder, Strengthening Industry FocusMarch 8, 2021
- Oregon Bioscience Association Appoints 2021 LeadershipMarch 4, 2021
Current Oregon Bioscience Association Board Member, Steven Prewitt, is joined by exciting new 2021 leadership.
- Owners' Counsel of America Elects Two New Board of Director MembersDigital JournalFebruary 16, 2021
Schwabe Shareholder Kelly Walsh joins Owners' Counsel of America's Board of Directors.
- Clark County Business Briefing: People in BusinessThe ColumbianFebruary 7, 2021
Columbia River Economic Development Council elected new members to serve on its board of directors including Schwabe's Lisa Lowe as Chair.
- Sarah Roubidoux Lawson Joins National Native American Bar Association Board of DirectorsFebruary 4, 2021
Attorney Sarah Roubidoux Lawson has been elected to the National Native American Bar Association’s Board of Directors.
- Midsize Firms Are Recruiting More Diverse Associates, but Retention Remains a HurdleThe Mid-Market Report Powered By Law.comJanuary 24, 2021
Schwabe weighs in on how midsize firms have made significant advances in increasing the diversity of their young legal talent.
- Israeli Shipping Co. Seeks Emergency Order to Depose CrewLaw360January 22, 2021
- Online news outlet Alaska Landmine sues Gov. Mike Dunleavy’s administration over accessKTOODecember 23, 2020
- Political blogger sues Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy, seeking access to state news conferencesAnchorage Daily NewsDecember 18, 2020
- Conversation Continues on Manufactured Homes in John DayThe Blue Mountain EagleNovember 24, 2020
Schwabe's Ken Katzaroff shares insights on a housing amendement in John Day, OR and possible affects on manaufacured homes.
- Schwabe’s MaryAnn Ivie Named Paralegal of the YearNovember 6, 2020
Schwabe Senior Paralegal MaryAnn Ivie honored with National Federation of Paralegal Associations' (NFPA) Paralegal of the Year award.