Schwabe News Archive
- Schwabe Client Ali Seals Pushes for Greater RepresentationProfile MagazineJune 21, 2021
Bringing compassion, empathy, and support to his in-house team at Weyerhaeuser.
- Schwabe Welcomes Six 2021 Summer AssociatesJune 14, 2021
Schwabe is excited to welcome Neal O. Alnajran, William Brittany Heberling, Reese Hoggans, Sam Moghadam, Sydney Padgett, and Megan Lukmak’ Warren to our 2021 Summer Associate program.
- Pride in the Workplace 2021: Rosa Ostrom of Schwabe, Williamson & WyattPortland Business JournalJune 3, 2021
Schwabe's Rosa Ostrom is featured as part of the Portland Business Journal's "Pride in the Workplace" series for Pride Month 2021.
- Chambers USA Honors Schwabe in 2021 RankingsNine practice areas and 23 attorneys chosen for distinctionMay 20, 2021
Schwabe is honored with nine practice area rankings, including a new ranking for Construction Washington, and 23 attorneys were chosen for distinction.
- Schwabe Client JTM Construction Will Build Avenue BellevueMay 6, 2021
Schwabe is thrilled to announce that our client, Seattle-based JTM Construction, has finalized its contract to serve as general contractor for the Avenue Bellevue project.
- 9th Circuit Won't Revive RICO Claims Over Nooksack EnrollmentLaw360May 5, 2021
- Utilities Say Montana Can't Dictate Power Plant Arbitration VenueLaw360May 5, 2021
Featuring Schwabe Shareholder Connie Sue Martin.
- Legalize Sustainability: Schwabe Celebrates Earth Day 2021April 19, 2021
Schwabe and our Sustainability Team celebrate Earth Day 2021.
- Jeff Keohane Joins Schwabe’s Natural Resources Industry GroupMarch 29, 2021
Environmental and Native American Law Attorney, Jeff Keohane, strengthens firm’s growing Native American and Alaska Native law practice.
- Schwabe Trial Lawyers v. Pandemic: Our Story of ResiliencyTop Schwabe attorneys share wisdom for International Women’s DayMarch 8, 2021
Schwabe attorneys Jennifer Campbell, Amanda Gamblin, Stephanie Holmberg, Aukjen Ingraham, and Anne Talcott discuss early career learnings and lawyering during a pandemic for our International Women's Day feature.
- Schwabe Promotes Three Attorneys to Shareholder, Strengthening Industry FocusMarch 8, 2021
- Oregon Bioscience Association Appoints 2021 LeadershipMarch 4, 2021
Current Oregon Bioscience Association Board Member, Steven Prewitt, is joined by exciting new 2021 leadership.
- Owners' Counsel of America Elects Two New Board of Director MembersDigital JournalFebruary 16, 2021
Schwabe Shareholder Kelly Walsh joins Owners' Counsel of America's Board of Directors.
- Clark County Business Briefing: People in BusinessThe ColumbianFebruary 7, 2021
Columbia River Economic Development Council elected new members to serve on its board of directors including Schwabe's Lisa Lowe as Chair.
- Sarah Roubidoux Lawson Joins National Native American Bar Association Board of DirectorsFebruary 4, 2021
Attorney Sarah Roubidoux Lawson has been elected to the National Native American Bar Association’s Board of Directors.
- Midsize Firms Are Recruiting More Diverse Associates, but Retention Remains a HurdleThe Mid-Market Report Powered By Law.comJanuary 24, 2021
Schwabe weighs in on how midsize firms have made significant advances in increasing the diversity of their young legal talent.
- Israeli Shipping Co. Seeks Emergency Order to Depose CrewLaw360January 22, 2021
- Online news outlet Alaska Landmine sues Gov. Mike Dunleavy’s administration over accessKTOODecember 23, 2020
- Political blogger sues Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy, seeking access to state news conferencesAnchorage Daily NewsDecember 18, 2020
- Conversation Continues on Manufactured Homes in John DayThe Blue Mountain EagleNovember 24, 2020
Schwabe's Ken Katzaroff shares insights on a housing amendement in John Day, OR and possible affects on manaufacured homes.
- Schwabe’s MaryAnn Ivie Named Paralegal of the YearNovember 6, 2020
Schwabe Senior Paralegal MaryAnn Ivie honored with National Federation of Paralegal Associations' (NFPA) Paralegal of the Year award.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Garners New Best Law Firms National RankingsNovember 5, 2020
Schwabe has been honored by U.S. News—Best Law Firms, increasing its top national rankings by adding three National Tier 3 rankings.
- Anne Talcott Elected as Secretary-Treasurer of National Defense Attorney OrganizationNovember 4, 2020
Attorney Anne Talcott has been elected Secretary-Treasurer of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), the largest international organization of defense trial lawyers and corporate counsel.
- Attorney Christopher Slottee Honored with the Attorney General’s Award for Pro Bono ServiceState of Alaska Department of LawOctober 27, 2020
Attorney Chris Slottee receives Alaska Attorney General’s Award for Pro Bono Service.
- Schwabe Client OneALASKA Campaign Unanimously ProtectedOctober 23, 2020
Schwabe Shareholder Matt Singer represents an Alaskan business coalition.
- Recover Seattle Top Takeaways: Future of WorkOctober 8, 2020
- Amanda Gamblin Elected to Schwabe's Board of DirectorsOctober 5, 2020
Schwabe's Board is now comprised of 80% female leadership.
- Recover Seattle Top Takeaways: Building a More Inclusive EconomySeptember 10, 2020
- 45 Schwabe Attorneys Make the List of Best Lawyers in America© for 2021August 20, 2020
This year, 45 attorneys from Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt have been named to the Best Lawyers list.
- Lawsuit claims kindergarten student was target of racially motivated attacks by white classmates, school failed to respondKGWAugust 20, 2020
Schwabe's Brenna Legaard filed federal lawsuit against North Clackamas School District on behalf of Happy Valley family after racially motivated attacks by white classmates.
- Attorney Gary Bruce Joins Schwabe’s Bend Office, Bolstering the Firm’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry GroupAugust 13, 2020
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt P.C. is excited to announce that Gary Bruce is joining the firm’s Bend office, adding considerable healthcare experience to Schwabe’s deep bench in the industry.
- With Rent Due, It's 'Déjá Vu All Over Again' for Tenants and LandlordsAugust 5, 2020
Schwabe's Aaron Laing provides commentary on rental assistance and what he's hearing from clients.
- Bert Ray and Matt Singer named to 2020 Alaska Super LawyersAugust 3, 2020
Schwabe’s Bert Ray and Matt Singer have been named to the 2020 Alaska Super Lawyers list. Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- 12 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to 2020 Washington Super LawyersJuly 16, 2020
This year, 12 attorneys from Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt have been named to the Washington Super Lawyers list. Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Oregon Lawmakers Green-light Aid To Unemployed Workers, Black-owned BusinessesOregon Public BroadcastingJuly 14, 2020
An analysis submitted by Schwabe suggest the fund might survive a challenge.
- Lawmakers Spar Over Creation of a $62 Million Relief Fund for Black OregoniansWillamette WeekJuly 14, 2020
Oregon House Speaker references Schwabe legal opinion.