Schwabe News Archive
- Three Manufacturers Share Tips for Hiring and Retaining EmployeesNovember 22, 2017
A Guest Blog Post by OMEP Sponsor Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt.
- Judge Halts Post-Trial Patent Re-Examination BidNovember 17, 2017
A federal judge granted an emergency restraining order to bar sportswear maker Seirus Innovative Accessories, facing a $3.4 million judgment in a trial against Columbia Sportswear North America Inc.
- Design Patent Owners Find Optimism in Columbia Sportswear Jury VerdictNovember 15, 2017
Recent developments have thrust design patents back into light for companies looking for a well-rounded arsenal of intellectual property protections.
- Fueling Change: The State of Innovation in the Pacific NorthwestNovember 14, 2017
Schwabe interviews leading companies from six different industries in order to take the temperature of the state of innovation in the Pacific Northwest.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt names new CEONovember 3, 2017
Gomez Cowger believes that Schwabe’s commitment to innovation and diversity go hand in hand and will yield overwhelmingly positive results as the company recruits more attorneys and staff.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Honored with 2018 Best Law Firms ListNovember 1, 2017
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt proudly announced that six industry group areas were recognized by U.S. News—Best Law Firms, one of the nation's leading publications in the ranking of law firms and attorneys.
- The Law Firm CEO: Why Schwabe Gave Its New Leader a New TitleOctober 19, 2017
Portland's second-biggest law firm last week appointed its first-ever CEO in a move meant to signal that things aren't business as usual.
- Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt named Graciela Gomez Cowger as its first CEOOctober 13, 2017
A new position for the firm. She is the first woman to lead Schwabe, and one of just a few Latinas to lead a U.S. law firm.
- Leading Pacific Northwest Law Firm, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, Names New CEOOctober 12, 2017
Graciela Gomez Cowger brings unique experience and vision to leadership role.
- Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt names new CEOOctober 12, 2017
- In a Landmark Law Firm Move, Schwabe Names First CEOOctober 12, 2017
Graciela Gomez Cowger became the firm's CEO Oct. 7. After being raised in Tijuana, Mexico, Cowger immigrated to the United States to attend college at San Diego State University. She's, according to Schwabe, one of a handful of Latinas to lead a law firm in the U.S.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Names New CEOOctober 12, 2017
Originally from Tijuana, Mexico, the new CEO was a Hewlett-Packard electrical engineer before she came to the University of Washington for law school.
- A Note From Schwabe's New CEO: Graciela Gomez CowgerOctober 12, 2017
I am honored to be named the new CEO of Schwabe, where I will lead a team of lawyers who provide exceptional legal counsel while drawing on a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and industries.
- If the Glove Fits: Columbia v. Seirus Sets Precedent for U.S. Patent LawOctober 11, 2017
Apparel giant Columbia Sportswear was recently awarded $3 million in a lawsuit the company filed against Seirus Innovative Accessories for infringing a patent on its Omni-Heat technology.
- Losing in court, Puyallup pays extra belligerence fee for endless road projectOctober 2017
- Oregon, California breast milk purveyors duke it out in courtJuly 18, 2017
Featuring: Brenna Legaard
- 35 Schwabe Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists in 2017Designation honors attorneys in the top 5 percent of their legal fieldJuly 10, 2017
- Lawsuits expected over Oregon’s abortion funding billJuly 6, 2017
Featuring: Bruce Howell
- 21 Schwabe Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists in 201712 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- 2017 Chambers USA Rankings Give Schwabe High MarksSix practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
- Attorneys and Staff from Two Salem Firms Join Schwabe, Bolstering Its Agriculture, Forest Products FocusSchwabe expands its Salem office space to accommodate five new professionalsMay 4, 2017
- Drone privacy questions defy easy answers, attorney saysApril 27, 2017
Featuring: Craig Russillo
- In Memoriam – Bill LoveApril 7, 2017
- Schwabe Attorney to Join Southern Poverty Law CenterBittersweet moment for Schwabe as firm celebrates Jamila Johnson’s workMarch 31, 2017
- Traumacare: son of ACAFebruary 17, 2017
- Healthcare Leaders Don’t Anticipate Repeal of the ACA Anytime SoonFebruary 15, 2017
- Possible Immigration Changes to Guest Worker Programs Under the Trump AdministrationFebruary 2, 2017
Featuring: Bradley Maier
- A Spirited Holiday Greeting From Your Friends at SchwabeDecember 15, 2016
- What an Obamacare repeal would mean for WashingtonDecember 15, 2016
Featuring: Bruce Howell
- Schwabe 2016 Top Women Super LawyersDecember 1, 2016
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Key Industries Honored With 2017 Best Law Firms ListTimber Law given highest national honor, recognized as Tier 1November 23, 2016