Schwabe Honored by 2020 Chambers USA
Seven practice areas and 16 attorneys singled out for excellence.
April 30, 2020 – Leading Pacific Northwest law firm Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt has been recognized for excellence by Chambers & Partners, the world’s most used legal services guide by in-house counsel. In Chambers USA’s 2020 rankings, Schwabe is identified as an industry leader in seven practice areas. Schwabe’s Intellectual Property practice received Chambers’ highest ranking for the fifth year in a row, and Schwabe was honored with a new ranking in Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation.
“We are honored that our dedication to clients and immersion within our core industry groups is showcased in our Chambers 2020 results,” said Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe. “Our success is determined by our clients’ success, and it is rewarding to see that reflected year over year in our Chambers rankings and client feedback.”
Chambers is one of the definitive sources for law firm and attorney rankings due to its extensive market research and in-depth interviews with legal influencers and client representatives. Below are Chambers’ summaries of Schwabe’s practice areas and attorneys as well as select comments Chambers received from Schwabe clients:
- A client reports: “I am extremely satisfied with their services, they provide super high-quality work, and with that comes good value.”
- Highly regarded practice with experience representing buyers and sellers in a wide range of M&A transactions and financing matters. Possesses significant knowledge and expertise in sectors including timberland, maritime and healthcare. Acts for a broad range of clients, from major multinationals to family-owned companies.
- Well equipped to handle a broad range of matters including health and welfare programs, retirement plans, and matters related to insurance law.
- An impressed client disclosed: “Schwabe gets you to your results quickly, in a practical way,” concluding: “I would highly recommend them.”
- A market source appreciated that the team “takes feedback responsively and always listens to its clients,” further adding: “They cover all our needs very confidently.”
- One client appreciates that the team is “really helpful,” commenting:“When there is a challenge coming up, it may seem like it’s only IP-related, but there is a business element to it too. They do a good job at getting the right people to advise us on all elements of the matters.”
- Another comments that the team is “very efficient and professional,”adding: “They can help us fix our issues with less time and expense.”
- “They have done an outstanding job for my company,”says a client: “while they listen to their client’s ideas and suggestions, they are also willing to make sure their client understands all the obstacles being faced.”
- A peer remarks: “They are very pragmatic problem solvers and confident and well-versed in the law. They apply confident strategies in labor and employment matters.”
- A satisfied client notes that the firm is “very thorough and competent,”citing the group as “responsive and proactive.”
- Respected litigation practice that demonstrates proficiency in an array of commercial disputes. Relied on by clients from the shipping, manufacturing, technology and energy sectors, among others.
- A client describes the firm as “very professional and knowledgeable.”
- Well-regarded real estate practice skilled in acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing in the industrial, office and residential spaces. Particularly renowned for its expertise in timber law, with additional strength in land use and construction issues.
In addition to the seven practice areas highlighted above, 16 individual Schwabe attorneys were singled out as industry leaders based on their legal knowledge and experience, their effectiveness, and their client service. These Schwabe attorneys are:
- Carmen M. Calzacorta – Corporate/M&A
- Michael A. Cohen – Intellectual Property
- Scott D. Eads – Intellectual Property
- Brien J. Flanagan - Environment
- Gregory D. Fullem – Real Estate
- Amanda T. Gamblin – Labor & Employment
- Michael T. Garone – Labor & Employment
- John D. Guinasso – Real Estate
- Peter E. Heuser – Intellectual Property
- Bradley D. Maier – Immigration
- Mark A. Manulik – Real Estate
- Walter Miller - Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Steven J. Prewitt – Intellectual Property
- Michael C. Robinson – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Elizabeth A. Schleuning – Labor & Employment
- Tom Tongue – Corporate/M&A
The full 2020 rankings can be accessed at www.chambers.com.
About Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a law firm that offers a new type of client experience based on a deep industry focus. We provide a wide range of legal services to our clients through comprehensive, proactive, and industry-focused advice to help them achieve their goals. We focus on six industry groups: healthcare and life sciences; technology; transportation, ports, and maritime; real estate and construction; natural resources; and manufacturing, distribution, and retail. With more than 170 attorneys, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms, with offices in Portland, Bend, and Salem, Oregon; Seattle and Vancouver, Washington; Mountain View, California; and Anchorage, Alaska.
- Carmen CalzacortaShareholder
- Michael CohenIndustry Group Leader
- Scott EadsIndustry Group Leader
- Brien FlanaganIndustry Group Leader
- Gregory FullemShareholder
- Amanda GamblinShareholder
- Michael GaroneShareholder
- Peter HeuserShareholder
- Bradley MaierShareholder
- Mark ManulikShareholder
- Walter MillerShareholder
- CARES Act Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail
- Title II - Assistance for American Workers, Families and Businesses
- Title III - Supporting America's Health Care System in the Fight Against the Coronavirus
- Title VIII: Agency Appropriations
- Steven PrewittShareholder
- Michael RobinsonShareholder
- Elizabeth SchleuningShareholder
- Thomas TongueShareholder