Schwabe Grows its Reputation as Top Law Firm with New Rankings from Chambers & Partners
Portland, Ore. – May 27, 2016 – One of the Pacific Northwest’s leading law firms, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, has once again earned top rankings in the 2016 directory of law firms and attorneys published by Chambers & Partners.
"Chambers is one of the country's most respected resources for locating top law firms and attorneys, and we are very pleased to see Schwabe growing its reputation in this new edition," said Mark Long, managing partner at Schwabe. “We’ve invested heavily to deepen our expertise in key areas, and it’s paying off.”
The new directory elevates Schwabe’s intellectual property practice to Chambers’ highest level. This recognition is a direct result of Schwabe’s investment in expanding its regional practice in Seattle and increasing its number of attorneys to give it one of the Pacific Northwest’s largest intellectual property groups.
Six of Schwabe’s practice areas were designated as among the best in the region by Chambers & Partners. Chambers firm descriptions are from Chambers’ 2016 guide and client testimonials are from Chambers-conducted interviews.
- Premier IP group that is proficient at undertaking all manner of issues relating to patents, trademarks and copyright. – Chambers description
- “They are fantastic. They have a long-term business relationship approach. They're incredibly good." – Client testimonial
- Versatile practice that exhibits expertise in environmental litigation and regulatory compliance concerns. Features notable capability in areas such as water law, timberland and forestry and oil and gas infrastructure. – Chambers description
Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions
- Highly regarded practice with experience representing buyers and sellers in a wide range of M&A transactions and financing matters. Possesses significant knowledge and expertise in sectors including timberland, maritime and healthcare. – Chambers description
- “Schwabe’s team as a whole is very strong. Their depth of talent serves us very well. Their client service is exemplary as they are very responsive to our many needs.” – Client testimonial
Labor & Employment
- "They are quick to respond, very easy to talk to and they explain complex legal concepts in simple terms that we can understand.” – Client testimonial
- “It is an outstanding firm and we trust their competence. We value our relationship with them." – Client testimonial
- Well-regarded real estate practice skilled in developments and leasings and financings in the industrial, office, and residential spaces. Also known for work on construction, timberland and land use issues. – Chambers description
- "Their service is the most superior of anyone I have worked with. They are focused and professional." – Client testimonial
- "They have all been super lawyers. They are very attentive, knowledgeable and very quick." – Client testimonial
General Commercial Litigation
- Adept litigation practice that demonstrates proficiency in an array of commercial disputes. Noted expertise in insurance coverage cases, shareholder disputes and construction litigation. Also offers considerable strength in appellate litigation. – Chambers description
- "Excellent legal services and highly professional." – Client testimonial
Fifteen Schwabe attorneys were also highly ranked.
- David F Bartz Jr
- Carmen Calzacorta
- Thomas Dulcich
- Scott Eads
- Michael Garone
- John Guinasso
- Terry Hauck
- Peter E Heuser
- Brenna Legaard
- Bradley Maier
- Mark Manulik
- Martha O Pagel
- Elizabeth A Schleuning
- Mark Stayer
- Tom Tongue
London-based Chambers & Partners is one of the definitive sources for law firm and attorney rankings due to their extensive market research and in-depth interviews with legal influencers and client representatives. According to a survey of in-house counsels, 51 percent rely on Chambers’ rankings for guidance on hiring firms and attorneys. Attorneys are ranked on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness and their client services. A firm's practice areas are ranked on the qualities of the attorneys and on the effectiveness and capability of the practice as a whole.
About Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a law firm that offers a new type of client experience based on a deep industry focus. We provide full spectrum legal services to our clients through comprehensive, proactive and industry-focused support to help them achieve their goals. We are more than a collection of lawyers; we are partners in our clients’ businesses. Our understanding of key industry sectors allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. With more than 150 attorneys, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms, with offices in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene and Salem.
- David Bartz, Jr.Chair Emeritus
- Carmen CalzacortaShareholder
- Scott EadsShareholder
- Michael GaroneShareholder
- Terry HauckShareholder
- Peter HeuserShareholder
- Bradley MaierShareholder
- Elizabeth SchleuningShareholder
- Mark StayerShareholder
- Thomas TongueShareholder