Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Corporate Restructuring
- Business and Corporate
- Business Transitions
- Financial Institutions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Finance
- International Business
- Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Corporate Restructuring
- Corporate Formation and Governance
Insolvency happens. When it does, Schwabe’s professionals strategically guide clients through difficult times and provide legal counsel when their customers face financial turmoil.
Schwabe attorneys provide skilled representation in all aspects of corporate insolvency and restructuring, including representation of commercial lenders, asset-based lenders, vendors, borrowers and court-appointed receivers.
- Selected to serve on the executive committee administering local ADR rules for the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Served as counsel for the court-appointed receiver administering the assets of Aequitas Capital Management in an action initiated by the Securities & Exchange Commission.
- Represented an insolvent Pacific Northwest manufacturing company in its successful sales of three operating divisions, resulting in significant equity return for the owners of the closely held corporation.
- Served as counsel for the Unsecured Creditors Committee in the restructuring and sale of a major Puget Sound coffee wholesaler and retailer, including a competitive auction of assets that yielded significant return for the Chapter 11 estate and its creditors.