- Business and Corporate
- Privately Held Businesses & Enterprises
- Financial Institutions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Finance
- International Business
- Corporate Formation and Governance
Schwabe’s dedicated Financial Institutions group works closely with clients to address legal and industry trends affecting the industry.
Schwabe provides comprehensive legal services to national banks, community banks, credit unions, branches of foreign banks, insurance companies, mortgage companies, commercial finance companies and equipment lessors. We help our clients expand business, comply with regulations and resolve disputes quickly and cost-effectively. Working with lawyers from all areas of the firm, we provide seamless, integrated legal services and strategies that leverage our knowledge of your industry and your business.
We counsel financial institutions on a wide range of matters, including:
- Banking regulation
- Broker/dealer litigation
- Capital markets
- Class actions and commercial litigation
- Commercial bankruptcy and workouts
- Corporate governance
- Data protection and privacy
- Employment advice and litigation
- Executive compensation and employee benefit plans
- Intellectual property
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate transactional work, including purchase and sale of bank facilities and environmental risk assessment
- Tax issues
- Counseled a bank on IP protection for cutting-edge virtual banking technology.
- Helped a software company obtain patents on financial products.
- CNH Industrial Capital America
- Bank of the Cascades
- Heritage Bank
- MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Key Bank
Resources & Ideas
- Portland Business Journal
- Stephanie BerntsenShareholder
- Farron CurryShareholder
- David EbelShareholder
- Anna HeltonShareholder
- Molly HenryShareholder
- Lawrence ReamShareholder
- Craig RussilloShareholder