- Business and Corporate
- Privately Held Businesses & Enterprises
- Financial Institutions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Finance
- International Business
- Corporate Formation and Governance
We help clients erase the distance between themselves, their customers and their business partners.
Extensive global network
Our attorneys represent U.S. and offshore clients in major international transactions, financings, cross-border structurings and restructurings, and multi-jurisdictional intellectual property matters. As a World Services Group global member, we have a network currently comprised of more than 19,000 individuals representing over 145 jurisdictions. Formed upon a unique approach to legal networks, WSG developed the idea that the premier independent law firm needed a more expansive and efficient global approach within the industry. The integration of knowledge, expertise and clients from the investment banking and accounting professions creates better opportunities for providers and clients alike.
Multinational, multilingual team
Many of our attorneys have significant experience working internationally. We understand the legal, business and cultural norms of countries and major markets on every continent. Our group includes lawyers fluent in Cantonese Chinese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, among other languages.
Equal facility with inbound and outbound transactions
Our firm represents many U.S. companies on their outbound transactions and non-U.S. companies on their inbound transactions, including establishment of subsidiaries, joint ventures and strategic relationships, immigration matters, leasing transactions, mergers, acquisitions, financings and recapitalizations, technology licensing, distribution deals, foreign direct investment, real estate, tax planning, franchise and distribution structures, IP protection and litigation and compliance with privacy, data protection, CFIUS, and anti-corruption and other regulatory requirements.
- Represent international athletic apparel and sporting goods brand with anti-counterfeiting strategy and successful intellectual property enforcement litigation in China.
- Represented a UK-listed company in its acquisition of a Hong Kong public relations company.
- Represented a Chinese nutritional-products company as it was acquired by a U.S. public company.
- Represented a Chinese public relations company in its acquisition by a French company.
- Advised a Canadian forest-products company on refinancing a $153 million loan facility.
- Advised a Hong Kong company on a multi-stage acquisition of the manufacturing- plant assets and the intellectual-property assets in multiple countries from an American clean-energy company.
- Advised a New York media company on restructuring online media operations in China.
- Advised a Hong Kong publicly listed company in the acquisition of a U.S. software company.
- Advised a U.S.-based architectural firm on its China market entry.
- Advised a leading golf-course design firm on Asian market legal issues and prepared long-term design and services contracts.
- Represented a UK-based university on establishing various joint ventures with U.S. partners.
- Represented an Australian homebuilder on its U.S. market entry into the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented numerous Canadian companies in cross-border financing transactions.
- Served as lead counsel for Audio Precision for matters related to global expansion.
- Advised a U.S. software company on cross-border data transfers and compliance with data-protection laws of multiple jurisdictions.
Resources & Ideas
- Michael CohenIndustry Group Leader
- Janna DavydovaShareholder
- Donald Krahmer, Jr.Shareholder
- Bradley MaierShareholder