Acquisition and Disposition
The purchase of real property is one of the most tangible investments a company can make, and Schwabe is with clients every step of the way from initial investment to eventual sale.
Due diligence for deals well done
At Schwabe, we assist clients in the evaluation and execution of property transactions that help them reach their goals. We provide highly strategic counsel based on strong communication, attention to detail and a thorough understanding of the client’s underlying business concerns. We understand the importance of timing in the purchase and sale of real estate, and we work with the same urgency and commitment to timelines that our clients do. From due diligence to contract negotiation and drafting to closing, we move your transaction forward at every stage of the process.
Deals as diverse as your business needs
We partner with clients in the purchase and sale of a wide array of property types, including large parcels of forestland, bare land for development, existing structures and office towers, and everything in between.
- Represented a timber investment management company in the acquisition of 1.55 million acres of timberland located in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama, involving approximately 1.38 million fee acres and approximately 175,000 acres of leasehold property.
- Served as lead counsel for a timber investment management company in the disposition of 120,000 acres of timberlands in Mendocino County, California.
- Represented a conservation entity that owns a 50,000-acre tract in the redwood region in California in its sale of a complex working forest conservation easement, and its subsequent verification and disposition of a significant volume of forest carbon credits.
- Represent the Port of Vancouver in the development of the largest petroleum transloading facility in the country.
- Represented a TIMO in the acquisition of a 1.88-million acre timberland portfolio.
- Represent major timber investment management organizations (TIMOs) in large tree farm dispositions and sales of “higher and better use” tracts collectively totaling hundreds of thousands of acres of timberland.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a 122,000-square-foot medical office building in Springfield, Oregon.
- Represented a local cold storage company in connection with (i) the sale of commercial property in Northeast Portland and an industrial property in Forest Grove, Oregon, and (ii) the purchase of land from the State of Oregon.
- Represented an Oregon port in the acquisition, siting, development and financing of a liquefied natural gas terminal and container facility.
- Served as counsel for the management, redevelopment and disposition of industrial holdings on the north and south shores of the Columbia River.
When the Port of Vancouver steps up to protect the community, they know that Schwabe will help the Port get it done.
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- Carson BowlerShareholder
- Amy Hanks CorneliusShareholder
- Larry CostichShareholder
- Brendan CrowleyShareholder
- Dave HeplerShareholder
- Donald RussoShareholder
Ideas Fuel Industries
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
OP-ED: Addressing Risks of Mechanic’s Liens in Construction Financing
Brendan Crowley Bolsters Schwabe’s Real Estate and Construction Industry Group Focus
Treading Water: Oregon Supreme Court Remands the Fate of Public Access to Oswego Lake