Corporate Restructuring, Bankruptcy, and Litigation
- Corporate Restructuring, Bankruptcy, and Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Receivers, Receiverships & Trustees
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committees and Other Creditor Representation
With decades of experience devising creative solutions and its breadth of industry resources, Schwabe is one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading corporate restructuring and Chapter 11 bankruptcy firms.
At Schwabe, our attorneys understand the Pacific Northwest’s business climate. This local knowledge coupled with our firmly established credibility among the bankruptcy bar and experience with companies facing restructuring, insolvency, or a business partner’s insolvency, ensures our clients receive practical and action-oriented advice.
We represent Chapter 11 debtors, Chapter 11 trustees, creditors, unsecured creditor committees, and lenders. Our team has substantial experience representing receivers appointed in federal and state court receivership proceedings, and our experience covers all the various players involved in complex bankruptcy litigation, providing you with a team that knows how to navigate the nuances and complexities of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as general counsel and litigation counsel to the Federal Equity Receiver who was tasked with marshaling and preserving assets, operating receivership entities, assessing and marketing businesses for sale, pursuing and defending lawsuits, and assessing the validity of claims made against an estate. (SEC vs. Aequitas Management, LLC)
- Counseled the Yellowstone Club during its Montana Chapter 11 case to a successful reorganization, including subordinating the senior secured creditor, allowing unsecured creditors to be paid in full.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the TC Global (Tully’s Coffee) Chapter 11 matter, which resulted in a lucrative auction of the company’s assets for the benefit of creditors.
- Assisted the founder and largest creditor of Conenza, Inc. in acquiring the company, preserving its going concern value and saving company contracts and the employees’ jobs.
- Represented a creditor in the Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy in a case involving complex legal issues relating to the characterization of swaps under bankruptcy laws.
- Represented a guarantor of $180 million of leases in a very large New York bankruptcy, successfully arguing that the debtor’s treatment of the leases violated the due process clause of the United States Constitution.
- Successfully represented a steel products manufacturer in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware, including multiple trials concerning the sales of assets and complex issues concerning credit bidding in a bankruptcy auction.
Resources & Ideas
- Nika AldrichShareholder
- Farron CurryShareholder
- David EbelShareholder
- Troy GreenfieldShareholder
- Lawrence ReamShareholder
- Russel RobertsonShareholder
- Craig RussilloShareholder