- Employment, Labor and Benefits
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets
- Wage and Hour
- Employment Litigation
- Employee Benefits
When disputes devolve into litigation, Schwabe provides a deep litigation bench with decades of experience.
All phases, all forums, all issues
We represent clients in employment-related litigation in court, in arbitration and before administrative agencies. We have extensive experience in representing clients in complex non-competition, non-solicitation and trade secret enforcement actions, as well as employment-related class action litigation. In addition, we regularly defend employers against claims filed by former, current and prospective employees for discrimination, retaliation, harassment, hostile work environment, constructive discharge, wrongful termination, breach of contract, unfair labor practices and workers compensation.
Your goals define the winning strategy
Schwabe lawyers work closely with clients to identify strategies that will resolve disputes and help them move forward. Whether we obtain a summary judgment dismissal, a temporary restraining order or a complete defense jury verdict, or whether we work creatively to reach a settlement, we recognize that every employment dispute is different and requires a thoughtful strategy that fits the individual client’s needs.
- Defeated certification of class actions and dismissal of class actions in matters for a large national retailer.
- Defended an international logistics company against a disability discrimination and retaliation claim.
- Won a defense verdict in an ADA discrimination claim that was appealed to (and affirmed by) the Washington Supreme Court.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and a preliminary injunction against a former employee suspected of embezzlement.
- Won a defense verdict on behalf of a national assisted-living facility on a novel pregnancy and gender discrimination theory.
- Won a defense verdict on behalf of a financial-services client in which the plaintiff alleged a variety of causes of action, including sex discrimination, retaliation and constructive discharge.
- Won a defense verdict on behalf of a national play structure manufacturer involving gender-discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Won an arbitration award on behalf of a financial institution on a breach of non-solicitation agreement claim.
Resources & Ideas
- Club Green Meadows, 7703 NE 72nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- NW Lawyer
- Jean Ohman BackShareholder
- Zach BerneAssociate
- Stephanie BerntsenShareholder
- Rebecca BoyetteAssociate
- Farron CurryShareholder
- Josh DennisAssociate
- Emily FullertonAssociate
- Amanda GamblinShareholder
- Michael GaroneShareholder
- Tom PayneAssociate
- Elizabeth SchleuningShareholder