When professionals in the medical, design, accounting and legal fields face career-threatening issues, they turn to Schwabe.
Our lawyers have decades of experience defending professionals in litigation, dealing with state licensing boards and navigating administrative and disciplinary proceedings. We advise professionals on a wide array of ethics and non-competition questions, and represent them in court and before industry and licensing boards when their livelihoods are at stake.
While every case is unique, Schwabe appreciates that all professionals value their reputations above all else. We work with each client individually to establish and achieve goals that will meet their specific needs.
Experience across the professional spectrum
Schwabe attorneys represent professionals in a diverse range of disciplines. Our clients include:
- Accounting professionals
- Financial advisors
- Insurance brokers
- Securities professionals
- Paramedics and emergency medical technicians
- Allied health professionals
- Real estate professionals
- Successfully defended medical, legal, accounting and design professionals in jury trials.
- Established appellate precedent to help defend lawyers by requiring criminal law plaintiffs to prove actual innocence when suing their former lawyers.
- Successfully defended legal and healthcare professionals in licensure matters.
- Successfully represented a nationally recognized architect in reciprocal disciplinary proceedings across a number of states, including Oregon and Washington.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against an international engineering company accused of performing electrical installations without proper licensing.
- Negotiated a non-disciplinary “letter of concern” for an architect accused of practicing mechanical engineering without a license.
- Successfully defended claims of ethical impropriety against a sitting Oregon trial court judge.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended non-compete claims for healthcare and financial professionals.
Resources & Ideas
- NW Lawyer
- Rebecca BoyetteAssociate
- Derrick De VeraAssociate
- Christopher HowardShareholder
- Lillian "Lily" HubbardAssociate
- Allison KrashanShareholder
- Elizabeth SchleuningShareholder