Jennifer Campbell leads a firm-wide team of attorneys focused on serving Washington and Oregon manufacturing, distribution and retail companies. She is committed to learning her clients’ businesses and industries in order to understand and appreciate legal issues from their perspective. This allows her to deliver tailored, client-focused advice and creative litigation strategies that help her clients solve problems.
Jennifer defends clients in product liability, personal injury, toxic torts and general commercial litigation matters. She has defended product, pharmaceutical and food manufacturers in product liability lawsuits; premises owners in personal injury lawsuits; and businesses in contractual and shareholder disputes. Jennifer has effectively and successfully defended clients in state and federal courts at all stages of litigation, including trials and arbitrations. She has handled appeals in Washington's Courts of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Defended a global pharmaceutical manufacturer against product defect claims based upon novel “innovator liability” theory; selected to serve on trial team.
• Served as regional counsel in Washington, Oregon and Alaska for several pharmaceutical manufacturers working collaboratively with a national team of in-house and outside counsel.
• Represented Fortune 500 food manufacturers in product liability, Uniform Commercial Code, and breach of contract claims.
• Represented manufacturers and lessors of heavy equipment and trucks in product liability, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, and asbestos claims.
• Defended national retailers at trial in premises and product liability cases in state and federal court.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, President-Elect, Treasurer (2014-2015), Secretary (2013-2014), Trustee (2007-2013)
- Defense Research Institute, Co-Chair of Publications, Product Liability Committee
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington Super Lawyers, Personal Injury - Products (2011-2016)
- Top 100 Attorneys (2014-2015)
- Top 50 Women Attorneys (2012-2015)
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Commercial Litigation (2015)
Resources & Ideas
- August 19, 2016
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
- July 31, 2014
- August 24, 2012
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Presenter, “Achieving Your Client’s Settlement Objectives” (March 2016).
Presenter, “Washington Case Law Update” (July 2015).
Presenter, “Recent Developments in Product Liability Law” (July 2014).
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2013).
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2012).
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2011).
- King County Mandatory Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- YouthCare, Volunteer
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission, Volunteer
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, summa cum laude (2001)
- University of MichiganBachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (1995)
Washington State Courts
Oregon State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- The only mile I regret is the one I didn’t run.