Established and emerging companies looking to grow are represented by Schwabe.
With one of the Pacific Northwest’s most respected business and corporate teams, we help clients achieve success at every stage of growth.
Industry knowledge and an extensive client base
No question, experience matters. At Schwabe, we are more than good lawyers: we are industry professionals. We strive to understand our client’s businesses inside and out. Our clients range from startups and emerging enterprises to family-owned and privately held companies and multinational, publicly traded corporations.
Comprehensive and coordinated business counsel
We regularly serve as outside general counsel, advising clients in all areas of business law, including formation and choice of entity, mergers, acquisitions, and other transactions, corporate finance and securities, capital markets, governance and corporate responsibility, international business, and privacy and data security. We also understand that many of our clients’ challenges and opportunities involve multiple, overlapping legal issues. We work closely with attorneys from our other service areas to provide solutions that address a broad range of matters.
We help clients erase the distance between themselves, their customers and their business partners.
Extensive global network
Our attorneys represent U.S. and offshore clients in major international transactions, financings, cross-border structurings and restructurings, and multi-jurisdictional intellectual property matters. As a World Services Group global member, we draw from an extensive network of individuals representing hundreds of jurisdictions, to increase efficiency and knowledge for our clients.
Multinational, multilingual team
Many of our attorneys have significant experience working internationally. We understand the legal, business, and cultural norms of countries and major markets on every continent. Our group includes lawyers fluent in Cantonese Chinese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, among other languages.
Equal facility with inbound and outbound transactions
Our firm represents many U.S. companies on their outbound transactions and non-U.S. companies on their inbound transactions, including establishment of subsidiaries, joint ventures and strategic relationships, immigration matters, leasing transactions, mergers, acquisitions, financings and recapitalizations, technology licensing, distribution deals, foreign direct investment, real estate, tax planning, franchise and distribution structures, IP protection and litigation and compliance with privacy, data protection, CFIUS, and anti-corruption and other regulatory requirements.
- Structuring, negotiating, and documenting business sales and acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, and reorganizations.
- Negotiating various contracts—including loans, security agreements, buy-sell agreements, and commercial supply contracts.
- Represented a UK-listed company in its acquisition of a Hong Kong public relations company.
- Represented a Chinese nutritional products company as it was acquired by a U.S. public company.
- Represented a Chinese public relations company in its acquisition by a French company.
- Advised a Hong Kong publicly listed company in the acquisition of a U.S. software company.
- Represented numerous Canadian companies in cross-border financing transactions.
- Served as lead counsel for Audio Precision for matters related to global expansion.
- Prepared complex commercial agreements with customers and suppliers for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and healthcare industries.
- Assisted a rebar manufacturing company in the purchase of an operations facility.
- Counseled a lender to successful closing of commercial loans to local businesses and real estate developers.
- Negotiated commercial lease terms for businesses looking to expand, renew, or move locations.
- Drafted and negotiated a joint venture agreement for an educational services provider.
- Represented various small and mid-size businesses in business sale transactions with local, national, and international buyers, including the sales of a textiles manufacturing company, an outdoor apparel and supply retailer, a reservations software company, a lumber company, a Portland food distributor, a steel processor, and a marine and power generation product distributor.
- Served as counsel for borrowers in new loan and refinancing transactions, including loans secured by real property for a senior housing company and a credit facility for a hardwood plywood manufacturer.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox