Businesses with diverse real estate interests are represented by Schwabe.
From traditional real estate investment interests to cloud-based companies looking to locate their data centers, businesses come to Schwabe with their real estate legal needs.
Embedded in the real estate industry
Schwabe has grown up with the real estate industry in the Northwest. For more than 100 years, we have assisted clients with signature projects throughout the region, including the building of the country’s largest petroleum transloading facility and the leasing and sale of downtown Seattle’s Exchange Building.
Known as one of the Northwest’s premier real estate firms, we represent clients in all aspects of development, financing, ownership and disposition of commercial, industrial and office properties. Our focus is on what needs to happen—and what does not need to happen—to achieve client goals and complete a transaction effectively.
Our broad understanding of the real estate industry, deep team and pragmatic approach help clients succeed in a diverse range of projects, including:
- Timberland transactions
- Energy projects
- Healthcare facilities
- Sustainability/conservation work
- Industrial developments
- Office projects
- Retail stores
- Multifamily projects
- Condominium developments
- Municipal projects
- Assisted-living facilities
- Affordable-housing developments
- Residential developments
- Resort developments
What our clients say
“The team works very well together and understands our needs without question.”
- Represent the Port of Vancouver in the development of the largest petroleum transloading facility in the country.
- Represented a TIMO in the acquisition of a 1.88-million acre timberland portfolio.
- Advised on the financing of a 22-megawatt geothermal plant in Neal Hot Springs in Eastern Oregon.
- Serve as national real estate and operations counsel for four major cinema circuits.
- Represent several companies that own and lease Portland Central Business District Class A Towers.
- Represented an Oregon port with regard to the proposed siting, development and financing of a liquefied natural gas terminal and container facility.
- Successfully represented the developer in final master plan, golf course, golf clubhouse, overnight lodging, townhome, residential and commercial subdivision approvals for Tetherow Destination Resort. This included drafting and negotiating infrastructure improvement agreements and bonding with the City of Bend and Deschutes County.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox