Landmark real estate and construction projects are represented by Schwabe.
Real Estate & Construction
Developers, contractors, and design professionals are a driving force in our region’s economic success. Their transformation of communities and commerce has set new standards. But excellence comes with risk: rising costs and mandates for sustainability, affordability, and labor, to name a few.
From bare land to a finished project, we help industry players achieve their vision. Schwabe’s decades of experience in Pacific Northwest real estate and construction tames uncertainty and positions clients competitively for opportunities.
Counsel to landmark projects
Our clients have been involved in some of the most high-profile commercial and residential developments in Oregon and Washington, in both the public and private sectors.
One call, one firm, one answer
In hot markets, there’s no time to waste. Real-time advice delivered by multidisciplinary teams helps clients meet tight deadlines. Our industry focus creates pragmatic solutions that can anticipate worst-case scenarios and prevent problems.
A full-service team with attorneys specializing in real estate, land use, construction, tax, employment, financing, litigation, and intellectual property is more than a nice convenience—it can protect investments, reduce project friction, and save time.
In front of industry trends
If it involves land in the Pacific Northwest, chances are we know about it. From guidance on the use of cross-laminated timber or modular steel to financing and public works projects, we immerse ourselves in the commercial realities and future of construction and real estate. Like our clients and neighbors, we are committed to our communities and the people shaping them.
Schwabe’s industry relationships help position clients for success. We lead and participate in many regionally and nationally influential groups, supporting the industry and innovating into the future.
Legislation to Watch
Stay current on legislation that may impact your business: Real Estate and Construction 2023 Legislative Tracker.
Industry Group Manager503-796-2872 email
What our clients say
“Reliable, efficient and value driven best describes the service we receive from Schwabe. Our office leasing negotiations are the one thing I never have to worry about as an office building manager and developer.”
Real Estate – Zoning & Land Use
2023 Legislation to Watch
A resource for the Pacific Northwest Real Estate and Construction industry to stay up-to-date on legislation that may impact your business.
“The litigation team is very, very good. I would say that they are competent, confident, and good at judging and helping figure out ‘when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em’.”Marcus Breuer, CEO, Touchmark Senior Living
- Represented a developer of a new shopping center in Newcastle, WA which included providing advice regarding entity formation and the purchase of the land, the preparation and negotiation of all of the leases, and all legal work relating to the eventual sale of the shopping Center.
- Drafted complex multi-party easement agreements for an outdoor-oriented shopping mall with multiple ownership components.
- Represented one of the largest banks in the world in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchase of a six-building portfolio in downtown Portland. We then assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and then handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Obtained dismissal of OSHA citations related to the use of fall protection and negotiated resolution of citations related to lockout/tagout procedures.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox