Businesses facing increasingly complex litigation are represented by Schwabe.
When disputes loom, national and regional business leaders call on Schwabe. Our powerhouse litigation team offers clients the skills, knowledge, and focus of a boutique firm with access to the resources of a full-service law firm. Whether by securing early resolution through mediation, winning dispositive motions, or taking cases through trial and appeal, we seek to obtain excellent results and achieve our clients’ goals.
With the current economic challenges and an uptick in multidistrict, inter-disciplinary litigation, businesses are under increasing pressure. How litigation is addressed can greatly impact the finances and future of a company. Finding an experienced commercial litigator is vital for protecting and advancing the best interests of your business. From state and federal courts to private arbitrations and administrative hearings, Schwabe is prepared to represent our clients through the litigation process.
Our litigation team is well-versed in developing and implementing a practical effective legal approach for each client and managing the various aspects of these complex matters. With creativity and efficiency, Schwabe lawyers strive to tailor strategies that fit the legal and business goals of our client.
We represent our clients in a broad range of business and commercial disputes, including:
- Bankruptcy litigation,
- Breach of fiduciary duty,
- Business torts,
- Contract disputes,
- Construction litigation,
- Fraud and misrepresentation,
- Securities litigation,
- Real estate disputes.
- Obtained restraining order and injunction for a commercial tenant improperly locked out of its space by the landlord, which threatened the client’s business operations and reputation. Negotiated significant monetary settlement that allowed the client to maintain and enhance its reputation and business.
- Successfully defended our client in a $950,000 lawsuit relating to the sale of its facility and assignment of lease. Obtained dismissal with prejudice for the client without any compensation being paid to plaintiff.
- Obtained summary judgment for a Timber Investment Management Organization and dismissal with prejudice in claim by the plaintiff relating to the option to purchase certain real property in timberlands in Snoqualmie forest.
- Defended a national financial institution in complex lender liability litigation by identifying and developing claims to leverage optimal settlement.
- Served as lead trial counsel in a successful $375 million fraudulent transfer and equitable subordination action for client, proving that a global financial institution engaged in predatory lending.
- Secured summary judgment dismissal of securities claims in excess of $26 million against prominent U.S. broker-dealer.
- Obtained a $1.7 million judgment after a lengthy trial in an architecture malpractice case.
- Obtained several injunctions in theft of trade secret and breach of fiduciary duty cases involving theft by former employees and/or business partners.
- Represented a large Oregon community bank in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, seeking to recover a large deficiency balance.
- Used the fast-track eviction process to help a large commercial landlord recover possession of property in breach of lease matter.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox