Bet-the-company IP cases are represented by Schwabe.
When critical patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights are on the line, businesses of all sizes turn to Schwabe’s IP litigation team.
Schwabe’s IP litigators have deep experience in both enforcing intellectual property rights and defending against claims of infringement. We represent clients in disputes involving patent infringement, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, intellectual property licenses, privacy, and unfair competition.
Dedicated to IP litigation
Unlike general litigators who handle an occasional IP case or patent lawyers who sometimes help out with patent disputes, our IP litigators devote their careers to IP cases. Our focused experience keeps us at the forefront of legal developments and helps us find compelling, dispositive arguments.
At home in key venues
Our IP litigators practice before:
- State and federal courts in the Pacific Northwest and California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Schwabe is one of the few firms in the region that offers BOTH PATENT PROSECUTION and PATENT LITIGATION services.
What our clients say
“Prolifiq has been working closely with Schwabe and its IP team for over 10 years to review, enhance, and manage our intellectual property portfolio. Our ability to leverage the unique combination of legal and technical expertise within the Schwabe team has been invaluable as we continue to navigate the changing intellectual property laws.”
- Represent a sportswear company in litigation against an outdoor accessory company for infringement of two utility patents and one design patent covering its innovative signature technologies for its outerwear products.
- Represented a sportswear company in successfully defeating two inter partes review petitions, and setting precedential authority on the issue of who is in “privity” or a “real party in interest” under the America Invents Act.
Represented a global manufacturing client in a high-stakes trade secret misappropriation case against a group of former employees and their new employer, winning a preliminary injunction.
- Worked with an auto accessory company to pursue infringers of the utility and design patents covering a hand-held pulling tool in China, Germany, Australia and the United States as well as through actions regarding infringements occurring on the Internet.
- Represented Benchmade Knife Company in a design patent infringement suit brought against its competitor Hogue, securing a permanent injunction.
- Successfully argued an appeal before the Federal Circuit in a patent case relating to electrochemistry, defending the district court’s Markman and summary judgment decisions.
- Represented a securities exchange in a copyright and misappropriation lawsuit regarding the right to list options on financial indexes.
- Obtained favorable settlements for a large pharmaceutical company in trademark, trade dress, and anti-counterfeiting cases.
- Successfully argued multiple Markman hearings, including in the fields of apparel, medical devices, and construction.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox