Companies developing powerful revenue sources are represented by Schwabe.
Schwabe represents companies seeking to monetize intellectual property and protect their business from online predators.
Our attorneys also develop and negotiate a host of agreements relating to the protection of intellectual property, including trademark, patent, and content license agreements; confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements; data hosting agreements and similar agreements involving the exchange and storage of consumer data; software, website, and product development agreements; distribution and reseller agreements; and numerous other related agreements. We prepare specialized agreements related to the licensing, use, and distribution of web-based and mobile applications. We work with clients to develop terms and conditions of use, subscription agreements, privacy statements, copyright infringement policies, sales terms, and related policies for client e-commerce, SaaS, and other websites.
We regularly review client website content, ad campaign content, and similar marketing materials for compliance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act and guidelines. We also provide advice regarding required disclosures in social media campaigns, as well as draft and negotiate sponsorship and endorsement agreements on behalf of our clients.
Our attorneys provide consultation regarding compliance with state laws pertaining to promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests. We draft Official Rules for such promotions and help clients register such promotions with various states when required.
We also advise clients on how to comply with various e-commerce and online marketing laws and regulations, such as the FTC Act, CAN SPAM Act, California’s Shine the Light Law, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and various other privacy laws.
Leading IP law firm
Oregon, 7 Years Running
What our clients say
“They have a deep expertise, a deep level of resources, and a strong IP team.”
“Prolifiq has been working closely with Schwabe and its IP team for over 10 years to review, enhance, and manage our intellectual property portfolio. Our ability to leverage the unique combination of legal and technical expertise within the Schwabe team has been invaluable as we continue to navigate the changing intellectual property laws.”
- Represented a well-known alcohol distributor in connection with operating a national sweepstakes with significant prizes and prize values, including working on official rules for the sweepstakes, registering the sweepstakes in various states, and negotiating agreements with vendors involved in the promotion.
- Obtained a successful outcome for a client in a domain name dispute through a World Intellectual Property Organization proceeding.
- Integrated as ‘outside in-house counsel’ at multiple industry-leading software-as-a-service providers, where Schwabe attorneys assist and advise at every stage of the drafting, sales, and compliance processes.
- Advised video game developer on privacy, licensing, and regulatory matters related to the launch of an online multiplayer game.
- Counsel to a leading online trading card marketplace, where Schwabe lawyers advise on data licensing agreements, user agreements, and partnership agreements.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox