Prominent developers and landlords are represented by Schwabe.
Pacific Northwest real estate faces unique challenges — affordability, evolving regulations, post-pandemic recovery, conservation issues, and simply finding land available to develop. Schwabe’s one-stop industry team helps you meet these challenges with integrated, efficient counsel.
How we serve real estate leaders
In one place, lawyers who know the Pacific Northwest real estate market can advise you on everything from entity formation, equity raising, and tax strategies to land use entitlements and leasing. We serve participants across the industry, including owners, developers, investors, lenders, and lessors of commercial, industrial, hospitality, and office properties.
Our clients reach new heights and push boundaries across the region. Because time is the enemy of all deals, we fast-track negotiations and create novel, practical solutions.
Lofty goals, realized
For over 100 years, we have assisted clients with signature projects throughout the region. Our experience covers new and historic asset classes, from waterfronts and bare land to Class-A office towers, industrial campuses, mixed-use buildings, and residential skyscrapers. Real estate visionaries rely on our industry focus to help position them ahead of new competitive pressures.
Strong Industry Connections
Real estate has always been a profoundly local business. Schwabe’s deep roots in the Pacific Northwest help you anticipate market cycles and plan for the future. Wherever real estate ambitions encounter an obstacle, our team examines things from multiple angles. Schwabe’s experience and connection with local agencies and decision-makers spans decades. And we connect clients through our leadership and participation in key industry groups and associations.
Real Estate – Zoning & Land Use
National Tier 1
Real Estate Law
What our clients say
“Reliable, efficient and value driven best describes the service we receive from Schwabe. Our office leasing negotiations are the one thing I never have to worry about as an office building manager and developer.”
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland central business district office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Represented a major financial institution in the sale of its 40-story office complex in downtown Portland.
- Handled real estate and financing matters with respect to the development of a 22-megawatt geothermal plant in Neal Hot Springs in Eastern Oregon.
- Represented a large national mobile home park owner and operator with respect to the acquisition of an approximately 127 unit site, including acting as local counsel on financing, in Mount Vernon, WA.
- Represented a prominent developer on its initial equity raise, senior loan, and mezzanine loan for the building of a $600 million 35-story building in downtown Portland that will have retail, office, a hotel, and residential condos.
- Represented Central Oregon developer before the Oregon Supreme Court on the jurisdictional requirements for filing an appeal from the Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals to the Oregon Court of Appeals. The value of the entitled development is $80+ million.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox