Companies looking to grow are represented by Schwabe.
We are business-oriented, flexible and creative M&A advisors, focused on advancing our clients’ interests in transactions across the country and worldwide.
Diverse clients, comprehensive service
We routinely handle deals of all sizes, representing the interests of publicly traded corporations, closely held and family-owned businesses, private equity firms, investment bankers and other transaction participants. We have advised clients in every aspect of transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, equity financings and stock-redemption matters. We also have deep experience in divestitures, going-private transactions, leveraged and management buyouts, joint ventures and strategic alliances, tender and exchange offers, spin-offs, rollups, recapitalizations, reorganizations and restructurings.
A merger, acquisition or divestiture transaction is often a pivotal event in the life of a business. No deal occurs in a vacuum. Each is different in its own and often varied ways. Our lawyers make a determined effort to understand our clients, their business, their competitive and regulatory pressures, their transactional objectives, and to work with the client as a cohesive and collaborative team.
- Represented Oregon Iron Works, a leading specialty manufacturing firm with commercial, marine, nuclear, aerospace, hydroelectric, defense and transportation manufacturing divisions, in its merger with Vigor Industrial. The Portland Business Journal described this transaction as the largest merger of two Oregon businesses in the past decade.
- Represented a large Oregon-based wholesale cooperative in connection with its merger into another cooperative, producing a combined entity with over $3 billion in revenue.
- Represented a technology company in $100 million sale to a public company.
- Represented the seller in a $143 million portfolio sale of seniors housing communities.
- Advised both buyers and sellers in numerous individual assisted living, memory care, and independent living facility sales.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox