Denise Gaskin is Schwabe’s Chief Operating Officer and a member of the Executive Committee. She provides leadership to the team that oversees the firm’s administrative functions, including finance, technology, talent management, marketing and business development.
With a background in psychology, collaboration, communications and wellness, Denise brings a unique perspective to the firm. Her team-building philosophy underlies and strengthens all aspects of Schwabe’s operations and client service.
Denise has worked in the legal field as a Chief Operating Officer since 2008. Before that, she worked as an administrator for a seven-county behavioral health organization in western North Carolina.
Memberships & Awards
- Association of Legal Administrators, Chair of the Large Firm Administrators Education Committee (2015-2016)
Association of Legal Administrators, Large Firm Administrators Steering Committee (2015-2017)
- Portland Business Journal, Women of Influence Orchid Award (2014)
Resources & Ideas
- January 23, 2013
- Ball State UniversityBachelor of Science degree, Exercise Physiology (1989)
- Indiana UniversityM.S. Counseling Psychology (1996)
- University of TennesseePh.D. Collaborative Learning (2007)