Graciela Gomez Cowger
Graciela Gomez Cowger helps individuals and companies protect innovations in the technology and health industries. She prepares, files, and prosecutes patents in the electronics, software and communications arts and also drafts patent infringement analysis and opinion letters. Working closely with inventors and companies, Graciela helps assess the value of patent portfolios, and crafts licensing and other strategies to maximize intellectual property investments.
Graciela has extensive experience helping individuals and companies develop branding strategies that protect market presence, including preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications in the United States and abroad.
Before becoming a lawyer, Graciela worked as a research and design engineer for a large electronics company developing cutting-edge printing systems. This experience allows her to work collaboratively with inventors to quickly identify the distinctions that make innovations patentable.
Memberships & Awards
- Providence Health and Services, Oregon Community Ministry Board Member
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber, Co-Chair
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Latinas in the Profession Commissioner
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association, President, Board Member
- Oregon Judicial Diversity Coalition, Member
- Oregon Patent Law Association, President, Board Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Member
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association, Paul J. De Muniz Professionalism Award (2015)
- Best Lawyers (2013-2015)
- Oregon Super Lawyers (2006-2016)
Resources & Ideas
- August 19, 2016
- August 1, 2016
- Vancouver Business Journal, July 29, 2016
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
- San Diego State UniversityBachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
- University of WashingtonJuris Doctor
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Outside The Office
- Skiing at Mt. Hood.