Graciela Gomez Cowger
Graciela Gomez Cowger helps individuals and companies protect innovations in the technology and health industries. She prepares, files, and prosecutes patents in the electronics, software and communications arts and also drafts patent infringement analysis and opinion letters. Working closely with inventors and companies, Graciela helps assess the value of patent portfolios, and crafts licensing and other strategies to maximize intellectual property investments.
Graciela has extensive experience helping individuals and companies develop branding strategies that protect market presence, including preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications in the United States and abroad.
Before becoming a lawyer, Graciela worked as a research and design engineer for a large electronics company developing cutting-edge printing systems. This experience allows her to work collaboratively with inventors to quickly identify the distinctions that make innovations patentable.
- Helped start-up companies develop patents and trademarks as strategic business assets.
- Represented a silicon forest start-up on the development of their patent portfolio relating to digital projection systems and flat panel display technology.
- Helped a fortune 100 company earn market share in the fiercely competitive memory market by protecting intellectual property through patents.
- Assisted a silicon valley company in the acquisition of patents relating to semiconductor device manufacture.
- Represented a foreign company in the protection of trademarks on a worldwide basis.
- Helped a food industry company strengthen and enforce its trademark rights in the United States and abroad.
Memberships & Awards
- Providence Health and Services, Oregon Community Ministry Board Member
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber, Co-Chair
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Latinas in the Profession, Former Commissioner
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association, Past President and Board Member
- Oregon Judicial Diversity Coalition, Former Member
- Oregon Patent Law Association, Past President and Board Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Member
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association, Paul J. De Muniz Professionalism Award (2015)
- Best Lawyers (2013-2015)
- Oregon Super Lawyers (2006-2016)
Resources & Ideas
- August 19, 2016
- August 1, 2016
- Vancouver Business Journal, July 29, 2016
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Union Square; 600 University Street Seattle, WA 98104, February 15, 2017
- San Diego State UniversityBachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
- University of WashingtonJuris Doctor
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Outside The Office
- Skiing at Mt. Hood.