Marti McCaleb helps general contractors and design professionals throughout the Northwest resolve disputes quickly and cost-effectively. She enjoys guiding her clients, many of whom specialize in green building, through a sometimes confusing and frustrating legal process, so they can go about their work building a sustainable region and run their businesses more smoothly. Marti is particularly passionate about sustainability in the construction and design industry, so she is always eager to learn from her clients who specialize in green building.
- Represented a general contractor on a state highway project in protesting a termination for default.
- Represented a general contractor on a state construction project against a breach of contract claim by the contracting agency.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a general contractor in a complex multi-party dispute involving vicarious liability for a subcontractor’s work.
- Represented an architectural design firm in a multi-million dollar dispute over design and construction of a luxury condominium complex.
Memberships & Awards
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Northwest Ecobuilding Guild
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Washington State Bar Association; Construction Law Section, Member; Young Lawyers Division, Member; Trial Advocacy Program Committee (2015)
- King County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- King County Washington Women Lawyers
- American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, Puget Sound Lawyer Chapter, Chair
Resources & Ideas
- King County Bar Bulletin, September 2016
- Legal Voice, Volunteer Attorney
- Seattle Opera BRAVO! Club, President (2012-2013)
- University of Alabama Alumni Association, Seattle Chapter, Founding President
- Junior League of Seattle, Member Connection Chair
- Washington and Lee University Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2010)
- University of AlabamaMA, English Rhetoric and Composition (2006)
- University of AlabamaBS, Psychology; BA, English Literature (2003)
Washington State Courts